Reset test answers before survey launch with Save and Continue enabled | XM Community
Solved

Reset test answers before survey launch with Save and Continue enabled

• 18 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi fellow community members!
I wanted to ask you about the logic behind the Save and Continue button in Survey Options. We are conducting a survey with an anonymous link, the first draft of which was sent to some 20 test users. The survey was slightly changed before the launch and the test persons received also the final link as official participants.
As the Save and Continue button was enabled, we understand that these test users would see still the old version of the survey they started earlier when opening the link again for the final version. To avoid this, we deleted both the test responses as well as the test users from the Global directory and from the survey. However, even after this it results that the test users saw the old version of the survey when they opened the link again after the official launch.
Is this expected behaviour? From the support pages I understand that the Save and Continue relies on the browser cookies with the anonymous link, but is deleting cache and cookies really the only option to make sure that test users will see the final survey version? Deleting the responses and/or the employees from the Directory does not work for that? Or is there any way as an admin to reset the link/answers?
Many thanks in advance for any feedback or tips!

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 18 June 2021, 13:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The save and continue settings are pretty flaky. Therefore, if you'd always want your respondents to see the latest version, then either delete them or set the option to close their responses a little earlier.
For test users, the best option is to use the preview links.

Badge +3

Thanks a lot ahmedA ! Using the preview link is indeed a good idea, I will try this next time.
It is still weird that deleting the people did not clear the survey they started, it seemed to have stayed on their local browser still.

Leave a Reply