Bipolar scales in Qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

Bipolar scales in Qualtrics

• 21 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,
I have a question regarding a set of bipolar scales for a study. I wanted to label each option for each bipolar item so it is very clear for participants what each option in a bipolar item means, for example, for a bipolar item 'bad-good' i want to label the options in between the two polar terms 'very bad,' 'moderately bad' 'slightly bad' 'neither bad nor good' 'slightly good' moderately good' 'very good.' Then for a different bipolar item 'unfair-fair' I want to do the same. Thus, I want each bipolar item/set of two polar terms to have its own labels. I think however that this may not be possible, or has any of you figure out how to do this ? Thanks! Patricia

icon

Best answer by ClairJ 22 June 2021, 15:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi PatriciaRM it sounds like you're using a Matrix Table for this, with the Bipolar type selected? I would just switch it to a Likert type, which will allow you to label each scale point.
Otherwise, this might be possible with custom code.

Thank you Clair but changing it to a Likert type will change the nature of the scale/measurement, it won't be bipolar anymore so this won't solve the issue.

I will try custom code Clair, thanks for proposing it!

Leave a Reply