Piping Text From Dropdown Questions | XM Community
Solved

Piping Text From Dropdown Questions

• 23 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I'm relatively new to Qualtrics so apologies if the answer to my question is extremely straightforward!
I'm looking for some help with a product service form. The aim of this form is for customers to fill in details about their product before sending it in for servicing. Whether a customer wants to service one product or 5 products, they will have to fill in the same set of questions listed in the image below.
The issue that I'm experiencing is if someone has two of the same products for servicing. For example, products 1 and 2 are different but product 3 is the same as product 2. Ideally, I would like to pipe the answers from products 1 and 2 into product 3.
Based on this information I have a few questions:

1. I have attempted to pipe answers from drop down questions, however the answers are not populating. Is it possible to pipe answers from dropdowns?

2. Is it possible to pipe the answers from all previous products into one?

3. Do I need to created Embedded Data for this query? If yes, what would be the best way to go about doing this?

4. If some of the answers for each product are the same, is there a way to de-duplicate these?

Thank you in advance for any help on this query. Please let me know if you require any more information!
Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 16.59.03.png

icon

Best answer by grahulp5 24 June 2021, 23:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

You can use drill down question type for the products to distinguish correctly and thereby you won't need to pipe-in those all together. But if you want to you can pipe the value directly into an embedded variable.

grahulp5 thank you so much for your response. I went with piping from an embedded variable in the end. One other question I had was regarding duplicate values. Is there a way to only have these values included once?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

You can string match in the question itself onPageSubmit and then once after clearing the matched ones then setEmbeddedData on pagesubmit itself. Or the same can be done in survey flow also.

Let me know if that helps!!

Leave a Reply