Question randomization from two random subsets | XM Community
Solved

Question randomization from two random subsets

• 24 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello! I am creating a new survey and have encountered an issue that I am unable to resolve. I have 2 subsets of images. Subset A includes 10 images and Subset B includes 30 images. Now I want to show a total of 20 images on the same page. 3 of the 20 images will be randomly selected from Subset A and 17 of the 20 images will be randomly selected from Subset B. In addition, when the 20 images are shown, I want their order to be randomized rather than fixed in a particular order so that different survey takers will see the images presented in different orders.
I would greatly appreciate any help you may provide regarding this issue. Thank you very much in advance.

icon

Best answer by grahulp5 28 June 2021, 18:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Create 2 randomizer in survey flow, one for Subset A and other for the B one and get the required options from there and then just pipe-in the embedded values in the question and then randomize it in the question.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/38680#Comment_38680Can you help by clarifying the following please? "and then just pipe-in the embedded values in the question"
Thank You!

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

emac By pipe in I meant to store the values that will be fetched randomly using randomizer in a embedded Samvar variable which can be created in survey flow and then it can be used in Questions.
Let me know if you still have some doubt, I will be happy to break it down with examples to you!

Leave a Reply