Loop&Merge bug timer + skip logic | XM Community
Question

Loop&Merge bug timer + skip logic

• 29 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello !

I have a Loop and Merge survey, on several items from a previously asked question. I want to present the items to the participants, one after the other, until the participant decides to stop. I present the items in "Loop and Merge" with three conditions:
- one condition where there are two options: "See more items" and "Stop";
- one condition where there is only the option: "See more items" (in this condition, when the participant clicks on the blue arrow without selecting "See more items", the loop stops)
- one condition where there is only the option: "Stop" (in this condition, when the participant clicks on the blue arrow without selecting "Stop", the loop continues)

I have several problems:
1. In the "Loop and Merge" block I put a "Skip to... End of Block if "Stop" is selected" but it doesn't work. When I put "Skip to... End of Survey if "Stop" is selected" it works, when I click on "Stop" the survey ends well, but when I put "End of Block" it doesn't work, when I click on "Stop" the loop items continue to be displayed.

2. In the condition where there is only the option: "Stop" (in this condition, when the participant clicks on the blue arrow without selecting "Stop", the loop continues), Qualtrics "saves" only the page where the "Stop" button was clicked (the page where something happened), and in the file the columns are empty for all the pages on which the participants passed and where they just clicked on the arrow to go to the next fact ( so we have no information to know if the participant saw the other items). How do we know which items were presented to the participants?

3. I put a timer block in the "Loop and Merge" block but the timer does not work, the timer columns are empty in the data. Since the timer "record and manage how long a participant spends on this page", and the loop and merge happens on several pages, maybe the timer is lost and doesn't know which page to measure? How do I get the timer to give me the time spent by participants on each option of the "Loop and Merge"?

Thanks a lot for your help !

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I haven't read everything but I guess you want either your respondent to continue or stop when clicked on stop.

Here what you can do is create a button on top of the page in header (Use w3 schools, if help needed). Then create a quota for the header with the count met so whenever the button is clicked, the count is met and then select to end the current survey in that case. Now create a variable in survey flow (empty) and then in every question for loop and merge set a value which will be used in quota as well on click of the button. So let say if I click on the button, a variable is set and because the quota has already been met it will just terminate the respondent. If they want to continue just update the next button text to "Continue".

let me know if that helps!

Leave a Reply