Use Loop & Merge to randomly select images | XM Community
Solved

Use Loop & Merge to randomly select images

• 30 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Dear Community,
So I have a pool of 200 images of products and want participants to rate them on two attributes (i.e., design & purchase intention). Every participant is supposed to rate 20 images. I used Loop & Merge to randomly select the 20 images for each participant.
But my problem is that I want participant to first rate all 20 images on the first attribute and then on the second attribute. So that they rate the design of all 20 products first and then indicate the purchase intention for all 20 products.
With Loop & Merge I only figured out how to make participant rate both attributes one after the other for each image. What I need is a second block in which the same images for each participant of the first block get presented again (preferably in a new random order). Is this possible with Loop & Merge or any other function of Qualtrics?
Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Pivi95 1 July 2021, 14:55

View original

2 replies

I solved this by using JavaScript and creating embedded data, in which the randomly selected pictures are stored.
However, if anybody knows how I can loop embedded data in a survey, this would be really helpful as well (because now I have to create 40 questions, which are basically the same).

Badge +1

Hi Pivi!
Do you mind sharing your javascript?
Thanks a lot!

Leave a Reply