Displaying only selected statements from a multiple answer matrix table in following matrix table? | XM Community
Question

Displaying only selected statements from a multiple answer matrix table in following matrix table?

• 1 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,
Can anyone offer advice before I start crying over this survey? Apologies if this is simple, I just can't make it work!
I have a matrix table with 22 statements and scale of three points, like so:
image.pngI'm TRYING to make it so that only the statements that people select on this list show as options in the next matrix table question, but can't get my head around how to do it. Please could someone help, preferably using very simple terms given that I've spent all day trying to make this happen and have run out of all mental energy.
Very many thanks, am at my wit's end with this!
M

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

I think, if I am understanding what you are trying to do, I would suggest adding a fourth point for "not applicable" (e.g. did not happen in any of these timeframes).
I would make that option exclusive, so they cannot choose it AND another
Then I would make the question required (forced response), so that there are no items that would meet the carry forward based on simply NOT answering at all...
THEN in the follow up question, you could use carry forward all the items where they did not select "not applicable" (scroll all the way down to find "unselected statements for" the not applicable option. You have to scroll down pretty far on the list to find this by the way, whatever they have done to improve the look and feel in other areas has not improved the intuitiveness of that set of options.

Leave a Reply