Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Combination of multiple choice and open text in matrix format

fjd333
fjd333 Community Member Qubie ✭

I am trying to make a matrix survey. I am asking respondents to place values in open text boxes. However, I also want to give them the option to select either a) that they do not have the information, or b) they do not wish to report it.

Is there a way to have a matrix question with both multiple choice and open text options together under the same question? I don't want someone to have to type a value or code in if they do not have one, but I don't want the option of them just leaving it blank.

The options would be:

a) Enter text (open text box)

b) I do not wish to disclose (multiple choice/dropdown)

c) I do not have access to this information (multiple choice/dropdown)

Answers

• MatthewM
    MatthewM Chicago, ILCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Look into using a side-by-side question, with a text entry field in the first column, and multiple choice question in the second/third column. You can use custom validation to require them to answer one cell or the other in each row.