how do I "hide" the Recipient Data in the email with responses? | XM Community
Solved

how do I "hide" the Recipient Data in the email with responses?

• 15 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,
We need to include the responses in an email, but do not want to display the Recipient Data. I've set this up four different ways, but all emails still included the "Recipient Data"
I've set up Actions that trigger an email, both with "Include Recipient Data" checked and unchecked, the emails both included the Recipient Data.
I've set up two different Post-Survey email triggers, one of them only had "Include Response Report" checked. The other one had "Include Response Report" and "Show Full Question Text" checked but they both sent out the same exact email, which included the Recipient Data.
image.png

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 15 July 2021, 21:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi DeAnnaG ,
I regularly use Actions to send response summaries in several of my surveys, and when I uncheck the Include Recipient Data box, the info in your screen shot above does not appear.
Did you have the checked and unchecked versions of the email in different Actions that existed in the survey at the same time? Or did you just have one Action that you tested, then updated and tested a second time? It seems there can be lags before edits to an Action take effect in a live survey, so I'm just trying to rule that out as possibility.
image.png

I did have one action and made changes to it. I'll add another one without that box checked and see if that helps. Another odd thing when you use Actions instead of a trigger, the Action email shows question numbers which I don't want to display. Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Not sure if there is any way to hide Question ID numbers in Actions emails. They do appear in mine too, but I haven't been bothered by them.

Thanks Matthew, I appreciate your help and your time!

Leave a Reply