Has anyone deployed a web intercept on Salesforce to get feedback from salesforce users? | XM Community
Solved

Has anyone deployed a web intercept on Salesforce to get feedback from salesforce users?

• 16 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Has anyone deployed a web intercept on Salesforce to get feedback from salesforce users on their experience using salesforce? like sales team etc.?
My team was able to add the survey to the site and am getting anonymous results back but am unable to get the user information sent back which will come through embedded data. Has anyone successfully done this?

icon

Best answer by AmaraW 15 September 2021, 02:01

View original

5 replies

Badge +48

If you haven’t already apoorvagrawal, we’d recommend reviewing this support page on Embedded Data values from JavaScript to get started. If you still have questions after reviewing the linked support pages, you'll want to reach out to the Support team, as they are best equipped to help answer questions and provide support! 😁

Badge +1

Hi apoorvagrawal, I see this questions is a year old, but I wanted to see if you might still remember how you were able to deploy the web intercept in your SF site in the first place.
I have tried adding the code into the page header, into an html component, attempt to use an iframe, all without success. Any chance you would be willing to discuss how/where on the SF site did you add the code to make it display properly? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Badge +1

@migalexdiaz  I have a question about this also. On our SFDC site it only allows us to use HTML, but the intercept code is Javascript. How did you overcome this issue? 

Badge +2

@migalexdiaz and @etc11b you’ll need to separate out the code, as the snippet is a combination of a script tag and a div tag with a specific id. You will need to put them in two different places due to the security restrictions of how Salesforce components work.

You will need to put the script part in a Static Resource, and load it from an Aura component. The Aura component should also contain the div with the id.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/js_libs_platform.htm

Don’t forget to add the necessary CSP directives to the Trusted URLs in Setup, as well as the CSP policies in the Experience Builder:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/website-app-feedback/getting-started-with-website-app-feedback/website-app-feedback-technical-documentation/?utm_medium=product&utm_source=web-app-feedback#FAQ5

Alternatively, you can put the script part in the Head markup of each page (under the Advanced tab in the Experience Builder settings) instead of loading it as a static resource.

A Lightning Web Component (LWC) may be possible as well, but I tried Aura first because it has more relaxed security requirements, and I just wanted to get it working. I’ll come back and update if I get an LWC to work.

Badge +2

Follow-up to my last post.

I was able to get LWCs working but only for certain Creatives. I also discovered that certain Creatives will not work properly in Aura Components either. For example Embedded Feedback does not work properly in an Aura Component, but it did work in a standard HTML Editor component in Experience Builder.

There may also be certain elements hidden in the Shadow DOM that are blocking Qualtrics functionality from working properly in LWCs. You may be able experiment with the Light DOM feature and have better success.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/platform/lwc/guide/create-dom.html

Leave a Reply