Loop and Merge, and randomizing sets of questions | XM Community
Question

Loop and Merge, and randomizing sets of questions

• 19 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi
I am trying to use Loop and Merge for a survey while also randomizing sets of questions. I am doing a survey about (imaginary) companies and gender. So I want to use Loop and Merge to pipe in information about a random company from the Loop and Merge list. Then I want to ask questions about males at that company, and females at that company. BUT, I want to randomize the order of which gender's questions are displayed first.
I can't use the in-block question randomization because it randomizes by individual question, not sets of questions. And I can't split the male and female questions into two blocks and use the Randomizer within the Flow, or else I won't be able to ensure that the company randomly selected from the Loop and Merge for one gender's questions will be the same as the other's.
I guess what I'm looking for is a way to read which random selection from the Loop and Merge has been piped into one block so I can use those same values in another block.
TIA :)

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

We can create a hidden multi select question (Hide using JS) with company names as options. In option advanced randomization we can select display only one choice. Then based on this question displayed choice add the loop and merge on the Gender blocks.

Leave a Reply