Auto-advance, timer and delay advance | XM Community
Solved

Auto-advance, timer and delay advance

• 21 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have a block of 24 Qs all on the same page. I want it to auto-advance after 4 minutes but not before.
So far, I have added a timer function at the beginning, counting down from 4 mins, and auto advancing thereafter. I have also hidden the next button with JS code on the first and the last questions (I didn't know which to put it on). This does auto-advance after 4 minutes.
The problem is that if you answer the last question (24) at any point before the 4 minutes are up, it auto advances to the next page. I want to delay any advance until the 4 minutes are up.
Can anyone help please? Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by AcademicNeil 27 July 2021, 16:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Is the auto advance feature in your survey enabled?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi rondev,
Thanks for responding. Yes, I have the auto-advance enabled on the timer before the set of questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/39289#Comment_39289Hence it is getting auto advanced on answering the last question of the page. Can we remove this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Rondev,

I've worked it out thanks. Rather stupidly, the JS code I had to hide the advance button also included an auto-advance when the last answer is given. I'm an idiot. Thanks for your help!

Leave a Reply