Exit interviews - send survey link to work and personal email address | XM Community

Exit interviews - send survey link to work and personal email address

Userlevel 1

We are trying to increase the participation rate for our exit survey. A lot of people check out, and some ignore emails sent to their work to complete the survey simply because they have other priorities. It'd be great to send the survey to both the work and personal email addresses on file, that way once the employee terminates, they still have access to the link from their personal email.

TimR 5 months ago

Exciting news looks like it’s on the horizon. Lifecycle surveys recently had their “Messages” section revamped, and the new distributions have a selection for Work Email or Personal Email.

NOTE: The Participant info window graphic user interface (GUI) doesn’t yet have a place for Personal Email, but the presence of this item in the Messages GUI would suggest that the infrastructure around this capability is being constructed, and I hope we’ll see it in the not-too-distant future.

View original

13 replies

Badge

We have the same issue. We send to work email if they are leaving in the upcoming two weeks, but don't have a way to send to their home email, if they leave the same day they give notice, for instance. Currently we are not importing home email into our participant list, but if we did, is there any logic we could use to either send to both or send to one or other based on Last Day Worked, which is one of the fields we have available. Would love to hear how others are handling this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

We've also come across this same issue. With there being a required email field, we populate with work email addresses so our directory is always up to date with work email as the main address. With our exit surveys, we don't use directory because some use personal email and some use work email. However, it's not all on Qualtrics for our situation as all our employee don't leave a personal email on file.
If there was a way to have both and create logic to pick up one or the other it could be beneficial.

We are in the process of moving our exit survey into Qualtrics. Currently our response rate is beyond 70% because its apart of a online separation process. What has been your response rate when delivering exit surveys via email?

Badge

Wow, 70% is very high for a response rate for exit. Ours is around 55% which we feel is pretty good given industry norms. How is your survey delivered/embedded as part of the separation process? Is it a task they get as part of a list of tasks?

55%  is a great response rate. Currently our employees submit their resignation via an online workflow in PS. This allows them to work through various tasks, one of which is completing the survey which is embeeded within PS.  We are planning to trigger the survey the day after an employee submits their online resignation, which in most cases would allow for 2-3 weeks to complete.

Hi there! I'm curious if you were able to identify a way to send to both work and personal email addresses? We are currently sending to either/ or, but this is causing an issue during our engagement and pulse surveys.

Badge

Hi! I am also curious if we are able to send to both. The current work around is having to export our participant list, update the email with any personal emails and then re-import the participant list so we can send out the automated email invite. It is very cumbersome.

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

Michael_Cooksey - hope you can help us close this Question or direct us the best person to solve it. we have the same issue of wanting to use both company and personal email in our exit survey.

Badge +2

Hello!
We are also currently looking for a solution to this question. We pull our data from our HRIS system and have the work and personal email in our participant files. If there is any insight on how to set up the survey messages to send to the personal and work emails, that would be appreciated.

Badge +1

One work around that I am setting up to do this is for the HRIS (not Qualtrics) to send the anonymous link for the survey to 2 different email addresses (eg an acknowledgement of their termination letter), and then having an authenticator on the Exit Survey asking them to log in using their email address. All the HRIS demographics etc are still loaded in the survey, to link to their personal data.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Exciting news looks like it’s on the horizon. Lifecycle surveys recently had their “Messages” section revamped, and the new distributions have a selection for Work Email or Personal Email.

NOTE: The Participant info window graphic user interface (GUI) doesn’t yet have a place for Personal Email, but the presence of this item in the Messages GUI would suggest that the infrastructure around this capability is being constructed, and I hope we’ll see it in the not-too-distant future.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

@MichelleNLyWell, I tested this back in November after I replied to you, and nothing worked - I used at least “PersonalEmail” and am quite sure I also tried “Personal Email”. However, I tried it again today and it worked! I used a metadata field titled “Personal Email” (with a space) and populated it with an email address. Successfully received it at my personal email address while my work email address was still popultating the “Email” system field.

The use of “Personal Email” metadata field is also confirmed on the support page that is now up-to-date on the matter.

The “Personal Email” shows up in the participant’s metadata and not as one of their system fields (FirstName, LastName, Email, UserName, UniqueIdentifier). To me, that points to the fact it will also be kept local to a project and not show up automatically in other projects. Put it in your Directory, though, and it can get pulled into your Lifecycle projects with the Participant Automation.

Now as to sending to both, since the email scheduler has a radio button to pick between the two options and no apparent logic for “default to [work/personal] if [personal/work] is not present”, I imagine you’ll have to set up recurring distributions for both - one distribution targeted to work email and the other distribution targeted to personal email. Pair that with any reminders, and you might have people getting a lot of emails between both addresses, so just be mindful of the load.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

To be fair to Qualtrics, I checked Product Release notes history on the Community and the support pages on the Wayback Machine. Looks like this “Personal Email” capability was released on Sept. 20, 2023 as noted in that same day’s product release notes, and the support pages were updated on Sept. 23, 2023 to match.

I apparently didn’t read that product release note, nor check the support pages (at least not thoroughly).

That means my test in November would have just been “PersonalEmail” (I have record of that, specifically), which didn’t work, so that’s worth noting.

Leave a Reply