How to randomly assign participants evenly into one of two surveys? | XM Community
Solved

How to randomly assign participants evenly into one of two surveys?

• 25 July 2021
  • 1 reply

I am doing a project where I want to randomly assign participants into either condition A or condition B. I currently have two separate surveys, one for each condition. The conditions are in different languages, so I cannot have a single survey where I put the randomization after the introduction for example. They must be able to click a link and then be sent right to one of the two versions. Thanks in advance!
I made a separate survey and did as you can see in the image I attached. Would this work properly?
download.png

icon

Best answer by ClairJ 26 July 2021, 20:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi swk I've never used reference surveys before. It seems like this would work from a quick review of the support page.
But, another alternative would be to remove the reference surveys and just customize the end of survey element to redirect your respondents to the links to your surveys. So, they would click the link, be assigned to a group, and then immediately be directed to the end of survey and subsequently, to the survey in the language they've been assigned to.

Leave a Reply