What is the best way to connect Qualtrics to Microsoft PowerBI? | XM Community
Solved

What is the best way to connect Qualtrics to Microsoft PowerBI?

• 26 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 295 replies

We have just received Microsoft PowerBI as an enterprise visualization tool and I've been exploring the use cases. It's easy to connect flat files downloaded from Qualtrics, but I'm wondering if there are better ways of creating connections that can be automatically or manually refreshed. It looks like the only available web connector in Qualtrics is for Tableau. I've seen documentation that suggests using the API, but are there any other approaches (particularly for non-coders like me)? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 27 July 2021, 00:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Unfortunately Microsoft's Graph API while well documented, isn't really that popular with the open source community and hence it's difficult to find pre built connectors for Power BI.
IMHO there are two options that you can consider, both may require some coding but not much. Use an automation tool like Tray.io or Zapier, you'll need to push your data from Qualtrics to a storage like S3 or Google drive and then setup Power BI to update at regular intervals. Alternatively, you could also look at a data pipeline tool like panoply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Thanks, ahmedA -- we also use Google BigQuery as an analytics, storage, and ETL tool so I would imagine we could explore that as an option.

Leave a Reply