Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

How can I autofill answers in rows below click?

ricksmi
ricksmi United StatesCommunity Member Qubie ✭
edited August 2 in Custom Code

Hey everyone this is my first post, so hopefully I do it right. I have a side by side question with 4 columns and 20 rows. Each column x row cell has two options Option A and Option B. In general, responses will begin with A then switch to B at one of the rows.

I would like it if participants only have to click once per column (rather than 20 times). The first half is easy: I set Option A as the default. What I would like to happen is that once the participant clicks their first B in a given row, all of the rows below it automatically switch to B as well.

Is there a way to do this with JavaScript?

Best Answer

• cbhavsar
    cbhavsar Mumbai, IndiaCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Guru ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

Welcome to XM Community! If I understand your question correctly, then you have a requirement where all 20 statements have a common answer either Option A or Option B and user should be able to select any one of them.

Instead of using JavaScript, I suggest you club all 20 statement in to one option with "<br>" as a separator. So user would have to click only once to select Option A or Option B for all 20 statements.

Example:

All the best for your project!

Answers

• ricksmi
    ricksmi United StatesCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Hey @cbhavsar, thanks for the comment. I see why that was confusing. There are 20 statements and people will SWTICH between A and B for some value of those 20. For example I'd say AAAABBBBBBBBBBBBB. I just don't want them to have to click all of those Bs. Does that make more sense?