How to pipe in different Q wording depending on people's random assignment? | XM Community
Solved

How to pipe in different Q wording depending on people's random assignment?

• 28 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey all,
I have a study where participants will be shown 1 of 4 vignettes, which I have organized using 4 different blocks and a randomization feature in the survey flow. Each vignette features a different main character name (Sandy, Billy, etc.).
I then want to show all participants the same block of questions at the end about the character they read about, using the specific character name their condition used.
Is there a way to keep track of which random condition participants were assigned and then pipe in the matching relevant name into the items block? (E.g., if your vignette had Sandy, you item would read "How do you feel about [Sandy]?")? This would save me having 4 "sets" of items that I would need to condense down into single variables. Or is the only way to have this specific customization in item wording to copy the items and repeat them separately within each vignette block?
I tried looking into embedded values and such, but didn't get very far with that option.
Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 29 July 2021, 08:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Create an ED called name. Put the vignettes in a group assigning the appropriate value to name. Then use this name in the later question.

Badge

That did it exactly! Thanks!

Leave a Reply