Embedded data is so big that it adds an ellipsis (...) at the end instead of recording full data | XM Community
Solved

Embedded data is so big that it adds an ellipsis (...) at the end instead of recording full data

• 29 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello!
I am trying to run an experiment where I track the position of my participant's mouse as they move it across the screen. I am using Javascript to record the mouse x-position, mouse y-position, and time point that each movement was recorded. This data is then being "pushed" in an array for each variable. When the final trial is completed this data is saved using the "Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData" function, used separately for the x-position, y-position, and time point variables.
I have now realized that my data seems to include a "..." found at end of each of these variables, and there are some indications that the data recorded before this point only includes a small amount of what I should have. My guess is that there may be limitations to what I can save in a single cell array of data, and that I may be exceeding these limits because I'm recording so much data. Does this guess seem correct? Does anyone know how I might be able to work around these limits?
Thanks for the help - I'm happy to share my code if that'd help!

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 29 July 2021, 07:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The limit is 20k chars, which is mentioned on the support pages. There's no workaround. You'll have to split your ED into pieces.

Leave a Reply