Once the time is up for a question, how do I make it advance to the next block? | XM Community
Question

Once the time is up for a question, how do I make it advance to the next block?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 2 replies

Brief Explanation about my Survey
In my survey am asking participants to come up with a memory that is reminded of by a given cue word. The participants are given 2 minutes, NO text entry here, but only NEXT button.
IF participants come up with memory within two minutes they can click the NEXT button to answer related questions about the memory.
IF participants could NOT come up with memory within 2 minutes, I want it to advance automatically to a new word which is in the next BLOCK.
QUESTION:
I am not sure how to set it up in a way that when the 2 minutes end & the participants have not yet pressed the next button, it leads to the subsequent block.
It seems like the Qualtrics Logic (skip logic, branch logic, etc.) can be only applied when participants are to click options (Yes/No).
I do not know how to use codes, so I am curious if there is any way I can resolve this without them.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

You can set a timer question with auto advance. This will click the next button in spite of the answer being provided or not.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

From what I understood, using an auto-advance only leads to next question when the time is up. And auto-advance cannot be used to advance it to the next block. Is that correct?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Yes. If you'd like to auto advance without showing questions you can use JS to click nextbutton onLoad on every question. This will look like skipping a block or else you can set display logic to skip the entire block as well.

Leave a Reply