How to avoid re-takes of an incomplete survey? | XM Community
Solved

How to avoid re-takes of an incomplete survey?

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello,
We are setting a survey that controls for the Amazon ID. However, we have some filter questions and from past experiences we noticed some people tries the survey several times modifying their answers from the filter questions to remain in the survey. So, in this case, if we asked inmediately at the begining for their Amazon ID (and in each trial is has to be the same), is there a way that we can identify a person who is re-trying the survey and inmediately lead them to the exit?
I tried with the Authenticator fuction but it only works for complete surveys, and people who are asked to leave the survey because they do not match the sample are not registered as complete surveys, so the authenticator function does not work. Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by grahulp5 29 July 2021, 16:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

You can just set the survey to be taken once setting in Survey options.

Survey options -> Security -> Prevent multiple submissions

This will ensure that respondent answers only once per survey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I'm assuming the Amazon ID refers to the Mturk ID. I had faced this same issue a while back and developed a custom solution for this. You can see the demo here. If you're comfortable with a little coding, you can even avoid asking for the ID and just pull it from the Mturk platform.
The retake response won't work because it's based on cookies and someone who's shady enough to change their response to the screening question, will also be smart enough to clear their cache/cookies.
Send me a PM if you'd like to know more about the solution.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Grahulp5: This actually doesnt work, as what it does is to put a cookie in your browser and many experience respondents know how to easily get ride of it.
@AhmedA: Thank you for this idea, but at the end our team figure out a way without additional software. We just created an additional survey with an authenticator. Who fails the authenticator is automatically redirected to the survey (because is the first time they entered). Who is authenticated, then is kicked out. If you want additional details I am happy to share.
Thanks to both!

Leave a Reply