Auto-tick Matrix Table | XM Community
Solved

Auto-tick Matrix Table

• 28 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Hello all!

I'm using a matrix table question (below). Is there a way for the first column to become ticked if the respondent ticks the second column?
Or validation that will not allow the user to submit unless the first column is ticked if the second one is.

Default answers doesn't quite work as it could be un-ticked.

Many thanks,
Lauren

!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 28 August 2018, 16:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can do by validation by setting it under custom validation but you have to make so many cases.

You can also punch by writing condition in JavaScript.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
An easier solution that wouldn't require JavaScript or custom validation would be to make this two multiple choice questions where you carryover the selected choices in the first question to the second question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Check below link if this is what you are looking for...

https://qimpl.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_cI1HIsWWTm68dTf?Q_SurveyVersionID=current&Q_CHL=preview

Once you select the option of the second column then the corresponding option of the first column got auto-select and if you try to deselect the first column checkbox then it won't allow you to do that if it corresponding option in the second column is selected.

If this setup look fine to you then i will share the QSF of it.
Hi, sorry for the delay, just coming back to this now.

Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam - that is very nearly what I'm looking for, thank you! Is there a way that if the user tried to deselect the first column checkbox it would automatically deselect the second column checkbox?

TomG - Yes, I'm thinking that might be plan B!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @LozitaPond! Be sure to use @ to tag a user so they are properly notified!
Hello @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam,
I would be interested in the solution you have proposed.
Can you tell me how to get this result?
Thank you very much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Attached is the QSF

Leave a Reply