Carry over answers participants filled | XM Community
Solved

Carry over answers participants filled

• 30 August 2018
  • 9 replies

Hi! I have a few very similar questions that participants have to answer, and I am wondering if I could carry over their selected options in the matrix table and side by side table to the other similar question. I am not talking about the carry forward of statements or scale points, but the answers that they have selected in the radio buttons. Hope there is a way for this!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 30 August 2018, 12:39

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
yes for this you can do by writing condition in java script and punching the selected options in previous question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
We can carry forward options from one question to another question using the carry forward choices option provided by Qualtrics.
here is a link to that
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> yes for this you can do by writing condition in java script and punching the selected options in previous question.
>
>
Thanks! Is there anywhere that I can get the code or condition in java script? I have not much experience in java script.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, this is possible...I hope you want to show only that option which selected a single select question... Please check below link...

https://qimpl.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_6EcRElt048fadg1?Q_SurveyVersionID=current&Q_CHL=preview
> @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam said:
> Yes, this is possible...I hope you want to show only that option which selected a single select question... Please check below link...
>
> https://qimpl.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_6EcRElt048fadg1?Q_SurveyVersionID=current&Q_CHL=preview
>

Yup, how did you program this in your survey?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @Xxtan
what @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam did was done using carry forward choices
and no javascript is required for doing that
1)In the question you want to carry forward statements , click the gear icon to select carry forward statements as shown in the picture given below
!

2)Choose what statements (or options , choices, etc) you want to carry forward and from which questions like i have selected that i want Selected options from Q42
!

and thats it repeat the above procedure for side by side question
> @NiC_Ugam said:
> Hi @Xxtan
> what @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam did was done using carry forward choices
> and no javascript is required for doing that
> 1)In the question you want to carry forward statements , click the gear icon to select carry forward statements as shown in the picture given below
> !
>
> 2)Choose what statements (or options , choices, etc) you want to carry forward and from which questions like i have selected that i want Selected options from Q42
> !
>
> and thats it repeat the above procedure for side by side question
>

Thanks for pointing it out, but this is not what I am looking for. I am looking for answers and not statements or scale points to be carried over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Xxtan said:
> > @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam said:
> > Yes, this is possible...I hope you want to show only that option which selected a single select question... Please check below link...
> >
> > https://qimpl.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_6EcRElt048fadg1?Q_SurveyVersionID=current&Q_CHL=preview
> >
>
> Yup, how did you program this in your survey?
I thought you wanted to know how this was done so this was what you wanted.
Badge +1
@Xxtan
Use can use it by java script code.

In below code I am taking selected answers from question QID16 and passing to the next matrix which has same number of answers and column, below is for 3X3 matrix. Depending on you matrix size change the value in arr1 and arr2

`Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
var ans1= "${q://QID16/ChoiceGroup/SelectedAnswers/1}"; // selcted answer in actual matrix question
var ans2= "${q://QID16/ChoiceGroup/SelectedAnswers/2}";
var ans3= "${q://QID16/ChoiceGroup/SelectedAnswers/3}";

var arr1=[1,2,3]; //answer id
var arr2=[ans1,ans2,ans3]; //Column id

for(var i=0;i<arr1.length;i++)
{
var x = arr1[i];
var y = arr2[i];
this.setChoiceValueByRecodeValue(x,y,true ); //to punch the answer in next matrix
}

});
`

Leave a Reply