👻 Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2021 | XM Community

👻 Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2021

• 22 September 2021
  • 27 replies

Badge +48

Badge of the Month, October 2021How To Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between October 1 and October 31, will receive this badge worth 10 points.

Badge Of The Month | October 2021

Question: What is your favorite spooky movie or TV show to watch? Alternatively, what is your favorite spooky book to read? 
It’s officially spooky season! Do you love a good scare in the fall? Or, do you avoid all things scary?  One of our favorite ways to celebrate Halloween and spooky season is to watch frightening movies and read scary books. We want to know about your favorite spooky books, movies, and TV shows, (even if they aren’t that frightening).  Tell us all about your fall favorites so we can watch / read them and dive into the season!

27 replies

Badge +48

I absolutely love spooky season 👻
Movie-wise - my favorite scary movies are The Conjuring series. I really like that they are based on true stories - it makes the movies extra spooky. The other movie that I would recommend watching in the fall is Mother! It is an eerie and creepy commentary on humanity and creation. 
Book-wise - I recommend And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. It is a fantastic murder mystery read.  If you’ve already read that one - maybe try out In Cold Blood by Truman Capote! It is a journalistic novel about a murder in Kansas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

My Favorite Scary movie is "A Quiet Place". I was amazed by how everyone in movie is so silent to save themselves.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

My favorite scary movie series is The Conjuring series.
Some other good scary/spooky movies that I liked - The nun, Train to Busan and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Series)

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - not at all spooky, but can you really say you experienced Halloween without watching it?

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/40956#Comment_40956We watch it every year with the kids. Maybe this is finally the year he chooses the most sincere pumpkin patch. Only time will tell.
I'm not really into the horror genre in general, but here a list of my spooky movies.

• Movie scared me as a kid: The Candyman and Ghostbusters

• Movie I watch every year: The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

• Movie I own and have watched the most: Zombieland

• Last one I liked and was scary: The Quiet Place

• Only book that I can think of that was scary: Dracula

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Oh, I will keep an eye on this thread!
We have a tradition with our group of friends to have a Halloween Movie Night each year and watch some halloween movies together, and we're still deciding which ones to watch this year 😀
One of my favorites, were the first few Saw movies.
Also "Stonehearst Asylum" was really good.
In the horror-comedy genre then, Shaun of the Dead, Tucker&Dale vs Evil and Dead Snow are all amazing!
But my all-time not-scary halloween-themed movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. I literally know all the songs by heart 😁

Userlevel 6
Badge +45

I do NOT like horror movies and I avoid them as much as possible. Movies like Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal are more my speed. That being said, I do have a not-so-scary seasonal favorite that I watch every year: Hocus Pocus.
When it comes to scary books, I am a True Crime fan--real life is scary enough! Ann Rule is my go-to author for true crime, and I've read almost all of her books. Small Sacrifices and Bitter Harvest are my two favorites.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

In our college hostel we had a great ritual of horror movie once every month. Have great memories of those. The conjuring 1 and 2 are such great horror movies, I also love the horror movie with twist at end movies like The Others and Get Out.
In terms of books haven't read a horror genre book for quite some time. But in school i remember R.L. Stine's Goosebump series of books was my go to.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Rocky Horror Picture Show Season! I've preformed (Magenta), stage managed, house managed, been an audience member... This show defines fall for me. Last year was the first year I didn't get any Rocky in the the fall.
If I'm not throwing stuff all over a theater I like to watch random horror movies. I don't really have any favorites but the campier the better.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

I'm with ABCHiam and will give props to Rocky Horror! The latest "American Horror Story" is also simultaneously fun and literate, and a lot of fun.
In terms of books, Edgar Allen Poe is the one and only Gothic genius, and one can't go wrong with "The Raven" and "The Cask of Amontillado", especially read aloud, with a group!

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/41020#Comment_41020AdamK12 I love AHS and am so excited about the new alien season!

Badge +48

NiC The Others is my mom's favorite scary movie!! Nicole Kidman is soo good in that film.

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

I doesn't like scary movies very much... I hate screamers !
But Stephen King is one of my fetich authors.
Th creepiest book I like to read is Salem. I don't know why vampires are so thrilling for me...

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

As a kid I was completely terrified after watching Blood Beach.
As an adult I'm not as easily scared but I enjoyed the first season of Stranger Things. Had a lot of suspense in it.

Book wise I'm all for Stephen King or Dean Koontz. Don't read much these days but loved them when I was younger.

Badge +8

I don't generally watch horror movies but one such movie comes to my mind is Tumbbad, it's Hindi movie and I liked how well made that movie was. Another one little spooky was Predestination.

Badge

My favorite spooky book is Dolfje Weerwolfje. It is about a Werewolf called Dolfje.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

The scariest book I've read is House of Leaves, by Daniel Zelewski. I wouldn't classify it as a horror book, but there is a scene in that book that is far scarier than anything I've read by King.

Badge +7

All time classic! Evil dead.. say no more :D

Userlevel 6
Badge +51

I am not a big fan of spooky movies or books, but I enjoy watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix 🤣

Badge

Rocky Horror is the movie that comes to mind. H.P. Lovecraft is an author that comes to mind, though there are many more if I stop to think about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Do yourself a favor and watch "Only Murders In The Building" on Hulu. It's so New York and the cast is incredible with some delightful cameos (no spoilers here)!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

AmaraW I loved And Then There Were None. Many of Agatha Christie's short stories are super spooky, and really really good.

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/41227#Comment_41227They should make a movie 😍!

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

I am not sure if this is would be considered a "horror" or "spooky" movie, but the psychological thriller of MISERY would be my top choice for scary movie. Kathy Bates was pure evil in this flick. A well deserved Academy Award Best Actress in 1991.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/40956#Comment_40956This is my speed too. I absolutely do not watch scary, spooky, etc at all. (More for all of you, and I hope you enjoy it if it's your thing -- but I can't wait until Spooky Season is over.)

Leave a Reply