Scheduling mass email distrubutions | XM Community
Solved

Scheduling mass email distrubutions

• 31 August 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone,

I want to schedule future email distributions to be sent out on a series of set times and dates.
I was wondering if there was a way to schedule mass email distributions set at custom times in the future. I have 2 different surveys that need to be distributed once a day for 7 days, and since there are many participants, it would take too long (and too much room for error) to schedule emails manually for each person. Ideally, there would be one button to press that schedules these out:

I want the FIRST SURVEY email distributions scheduled on:
* Every day, starting 1 day later at 5am for the next 7 days

I want the SECOND SURVEY email distributions scheduled on:
* Every day, starting 1 day later at 7pm for the next 7 days

If anyone knows how to do this, and could point me in the right direction to implementing it, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 31 August 2018, 22:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You will have to use the API to achieve this. See below page for the relevant API

https://api.qualtrics.com/docs/create-survey-distribution
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You haven't said if you are using Target Audience. Anyway, is there a reason you can't create 7 different samples or mailing lists to distribute to? That way, you only have 14 emails to schedule.

Other than an approach like the one I mentioned above, the only way to automate distributions is using the Qualtrics REST API to create a survey distribution.
Thank you @TomG and @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam for your helpful responses. I understand the concept of API and creating survey distributions.
However, the aspect that I cannot figure out is how to set the day and time. I do not want to schedule a specific date (i.e. september 5) but rather, at the moment of programming, I want to schedule for THE FOLLOWING DAY at 5am/7pm. Since this date will be different for each recipient, depending on when they join the study, I was wondering if it was possible to schedule for 1,2,3,etc. days later at these certain time points. Do you have any insight?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I imagine one of inputs to the script that calls the API would be when the recipient joined, so using that the script could calculate the date/time to send the email and that would be the value of the sendDate parameter in the API call.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @jvaccaro12! It looks like you are asking a question related to the Qualtrics API, so I have gone ahead and moved your question into the correct Qualtrics API category!
Thank you @LaurenK
Hi @LaurenK I did not accept the answers above as resolved. Can you help me un-do it so I can continue to get responses?
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @jvaccaro12! Even with an accepted answer, your post will continue to be open for new responses!

Leave a Reply