Format for FlowIDs? | XM Community
Solved

Format for FlowIDs?

• 2 September 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I'm creating custom QSF files and uploading them through the API. Most of the functionality I need is working well. However, when I try to generate test responses the branch login in the survey flow is not honoured and only the first block is triggered when the required metadata is set. If I rearrange the flow this fixes the issue for all branches. I suspect the issue is the format of my FlowIDs, but I'm not sure what makes an acceptable FlowID. I've asked support and they suggested I ask here.

Has anyone come across a sure-fire way of constructing a FlowID?
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 6 September 2018, 01:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You can check the FlowID in Survey Flow. Below is the screen-shot

!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks for the answer Mohammedali,
I can see the Flow ID, and in fact I set it programmatically in the QSF file that I upload. I'm wanting to know the format. 'FL_' seems to be mandatory, but I'm not sure what happens after that. I've found with Block IDs that 18 characters works best (i.e., BL_ + 15 alphanumeric characters), but I'm after something more definitive than that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The Format is "FL_" + the order in which you add a block in "Survey editor".

The default block will have the flow id as "FL_2" (It always start from "FL_" + 2)
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thank again. That's what I'm using for branch elements (FL_n, up to 109 is my biggest so far), but for blocks within the branches I'm using things like 'FL_W17xG9xxxxxxxxx' so that they match the corresponding block for ease of troubleshooting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@dsweeney As far as I am aware, the flow id's can only be numerical after the FL_, I have never seen one out of that standard.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks Anthony.
Badge

dsweeney how/where do you change the flow ID?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

janessen I'm generating a QSF file for importing into the survey. I'd suggest creating a simple survey with some flow elements and then use Tools -> Import/Export -> Export Survey to see a sample QSF (it's just a JSON file).

Leave a Reply