❄️ Holiday Experience | Badge of the Month | December 2021 | XM Community

❄️ Holiday Experience | Badge of the Month | December 2021

Badge +48

Badge of the Month, December 2021How To Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between December 1  and December 31,  will receive this badge worth 10 points.

Badge Of The Month | December 2021

Question: What is your ideal holiday experience? Alternatively, tell us about your favorite holiday treats and eats!
Qualtrics reduces staffing between December 24th to January 1st to give their employees time to celebrate the holidays. If you were given this respite from work and given the means to do anything you wanted, how would you ideally spend that week? Would you travel? See a distant relative? Eat holiday cookies and watch holiday movies? Let your imagination and experience design skills run wild!

31 replies

Badge +48

❄️ This is definitely a hard one! I think I'd want to spend the week celebrating the holidays in the Swiss Alps - covered in snow. I'm imagining hot cider, skiing, and a cozy cabin with festive lights ❄️ 
j7fkyy-e1616521864398.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

The best holiday experience is one that I'm often blessed to have, which is a house decorated for the season (which includes a Christmas tree and a Hannukah menorah with the candles glowing)
menorah.jpg, putting up the tree while drinking hot cocoa or cider, listening to music, and thinking about the year nearly passed and the year ahead. This year, especially, it's going to be a sense of both comfort and possibility! ⛄️❄️
P.S.: It seems to be something of an open question whether to put aluminum foil under your menorah to catch wax drippings. I have always been an advocate of this. May be an an argument for some survey work...

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

That is really a difficult decision!
I think I would prefer to spend the time together with my family somewhere in the South Tyrolean Alps. Enjoying the powder snow during the day and good food and a good bottle of wine in the evenings.  
Qualtrics.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

The last holiday before the pandemic, I actually went on a cruise (to see a ring of fire solar eclipse at sea). It was amazing! But... I did miss having that cozy holiday time with family also. So this is a hard one!
If there were no objects (COVID, Costs, Resistance) to doing what I want? 100% travel to somewhere I've never been (Switzerland? Patagonia? Northern Canada to see northern lights?), with my folks and my sister's family in tow. Best of both worlds!

Badge +2

snowman sandcastle.jpgThis is how we celebrate Christmas in Florida, although every now and then I do miss the snow around the holidays. Looking forward to another holiday with my family. It's always fun to count how many times per hour my nephew asks "Can we open a present?"

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

I love spending Christmas at home so my kids have that tradition of waking up to their own Christmas tree on Christmas morning, but I would use the resources to fly in and put up any family who wanted to be with us so we could all be together for the holidays. I feel like the holidays have become so rushed and my family is spread all over the country, so we've (sadly) gotten accustomed to celebrating without each other. I definitely miss that!

Badge +1

I love the holidays' vibe as December kicks in, and everything seems to slow down. In the ideal world, I love to spend as much time as possible in my hometown with my family and close friends.
My favorite treats are definitely good eggnog and some delicious Italian panettone.
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Skiing was a huge part of my life growing up. Unfortunately, snow is not a common thing where I live now and I would have loved to be able to put my kids through proper ski school so they too could enjoy the wonderful freedom of skiing down the slopes with stunning nature and towering mountains around them.

Badge +2

I think this year's holiday season is the best I could hope for! I got married in October, so my wife and I are taking our honeymoon over New Year's to Maui! We're looking forward to all the great food, hiking, and seeing volcanoes! The only bad part is that it will go too quickly.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I'd definitely be skiing - maybe with a jet to visit multiple mountains since it'd be too hard to pick just one! And I would pay a scientist to invent calorie-free holiday cookies that taste just as good as real ones.

Userlevel 6
Badge +45

cookies.JPGI love travelling, but it's so stressful around the holidays. If I could have anything, I'd rent a mountain cabin nearby that's large enough for my whole family to come stay here for a couple of weeks! We could decorate and celebrate together. We could have bonfires every night and open gifts on Christmas morning. Maybe we'd even be lucky enough to have a white Christmas (like last year).
The treats I look forward to every year are my dad's chili on Christmas Eve, eggnog by the fire, and French toast on Christmas morning. I also make lots and lots of cookies (all different kinds) to share with friends and neighbors.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

A week at home, with the family, with zero commitments. No activities for the kids, not traveling, no obligatory anything. Just a week at home (preferably with a white Christmas) playing games, watching Christmas movies, and eating treats.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

If money and time were not restrictions, I would want to spend Christmas with all of my family in a beautiful cabin with snow all around. We would be eating our favorite Christmas holly (cornflakes, marshmallows and lots of green food coloring..like rice krispie treats) and playing games in the evening and enjoying the snow during the day.

Badge +1

Christmas holidays is a chance to relive the memories as well as make new one with Family and Friends, I do not like to travel but with restriction throughout the year, this time I am tempted to go somewhere. Playing in the snow would be great else its Netflix/ movies and Sweets + Christmas tree decorations and gifts. Merry Christmas 🎄and Happy New year in advance everyone. ⛄️

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Ideally I'd like to spend Christmas 🎄 with my brother's and sister's families in Canada but barring Covid 😷 restrictions will be going skiing in Austria with my family 👨. Skiing ⛷️ with the family is a great way to spend quality time with them, being physically active outdoors while enjoying clean air and great vistas 🏔️️. Really looking forward to this!
FamilySki.jpg

Badge +6

I would love to take that time to go on a ski adventure! I would go anywhere the snow was falling. Japan is on my bucket list, so in my ideal situation, I would ski many mountains in Japan and enjoy amazing food.

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

I'd like to go on a little winter getaway. Cozy cabin, fireplace, yummy food, and a good book. Throw in some XC skiing and it would be the ideal break.

Badge +1

If I could go anywhere, I would have to say I would go somewhere warm and remote. I love the holidays very much but it's cold in Michigan and I think a warm place would be a nice way to celebrate the holidays with my family. Here is just an idea!
image.pngOregon Hot Springs

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

I don't really have any outdoor winter activities outside of the occasional sledding with the kids or ice fishing. Being in frozen heartland, it would be great to be near a fireplace surrounded by cookies and family. We'd probably playing some tabletop games or cards.

Badge +4

winter-vacation-beach-snowman.jpegI would like to go to Honolulu in the winter time, where it's summery. I like to do contradicting trips like that, such as an Alaskan cruise in the summer. I think it's because I have a young kid. It's harder to do outdoor activities with them when it's cold, so if we're at a place where daylight lasts longer during winter then it's easier to get out of the house, enjoy the fresh air and scenery and explore the locale. If I'm stuck at home trying to avoid Covid, then I'd like to do some cooking, crafts and coloring with the kid, home improvement DIYs, net flicks, and online shopping. All these things take a lot of time and having a block of time to do it lessens the stress that comes with preparing for them. Honolulu, in particular out of all the Hawaiian islands, offers the best of both worlds where you get the rural serenity and the high end dining/shopping at the same time. Good food does not come cheap there but you get a very different selection than where you live. And having a swim in the ocean always whet your appetite for an incredible meal experience. I could've sworn I had the best greasy wilted fries after coming in from the waves, not to mention the best slumber on the planet surrounded by heat but under the lulling palms. Then when I awake, I call for the beach waiter and he brings me a freshly made piña colada right to my lounge chair. And with the phone in my hand while sipping juice, I'm video-calling my close friends and family back at home who are cuddling under their blankets and adorned in scarves and beanies. 😏

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I would love to replicate a holiday we spent down in the Hill Country of Texas touring vineyards, an olive tree orchard, shopping in little town squares, and driving on winding roads. No commitments or schedules, just time to explore and enjoy my family. Oh and lots of great food!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

This is my ideal vacation any time of the year. I can truly disconnect from it all and just relax with family and friends!
IMG_1001.jpg

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

As much as I enjoy an Australian Summer and the unique atmosphere that creates for an Aussie Christmas, the opportunity to experience the magic of a white Christmas is well and truly high up on my bucket list!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/42274#Comment_42274My dream vacation: World Cruise 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

LaceyB.jpgMy best downtime is spent walking in the woods with this sweet face and my sweetheart. And sometimes my kids - but their downtime usually involves laying around in their PJs all day.

Leave a Reply