How do I access data from the "Meta Info Question" in Vocalize? | XM Community
Solved

How do I access data from the "Meta Info Question" in Vocalize?

• 10 September 2018
  • 16 replies

Badge +3
I have a survey that is collecting information about browser type, operating system and so on using the "Meta Info Question" question type. I can see that the question is collecting data correctly in the "Data & Analysis" section, but I cannot see the data in Vocalize. I have tried going into the settings to map the data to a field, but that question is not showing up at all as an option for mapping.

Can someone here point me in the right direction?
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 10 September 2018, 17:51

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
hello @Bradley_J ,
In Vocalize dashboard settings, dashboard data:
Add Field ->Not Mapped->Show All->Browser Meta info.
Badge +3
Thanks @PraDeepKotian_Ugam , however my problem is that I am not seeing the "Browser Meta info." in the "Show All" list.

That seems to point to a problem earlier in my workflow. I know I am collecting the data, but maybe there is something I have to do in the survey to make the data available in Vocalize?
Hello @Bradley_J ,

For Best practices just make sure you have followed this instruction-

In order to ensure that data for the question is recorded, be sure to place the Meta Info question in a block with other questions that are displayed! We(Qualtrics) typically recommend placing it as the first question in your first block of questions. This can help you avoid any logic that may cause the question to be skipped.

Source
> @Bradley_J said:
> Thanks @PraDeepKotian_Ugam , however my problem is that I am not seeing the "Browser Meta info." in the "Show All" list.
>
> That seems to point to a problem earlier in my workflow. I know I am collecting the data, but maybe there is something I have to do in the survey to make the data available in Vocalize?

If your survey is not live i.e if you have still not collected the data from your respondent then you can do the following:

Just make 4 embedded data(for different meta info) in your survey flow and pipe in the Meta question info in it. Create vocalize for these embedded data
Badge +3
Thanks @Shashi . However, I think I am being unclear with my question. I have been able to add the Meta question to my survey, and I can see that I am successfully collecting the information. So it is not an issue of whether or not I am getting the data, it is a question of why I am not able to access that data in Vocalize. I don't see the "Browser Meta info" option anywhere in Vocalize.

This is especially frustrating since I can see the data in the "Data & Analysis" section of the survey builder. What I want to be able to do, for example, is create a dashboard widget that shows any difference in scores between different browsers (to help us determine if there are any browser related issues that are affecting the user experience). I have been able to do this analysis "offline" in Excel by exporting the data, but want to have it real time in a dashboard.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
it should come when you add field in vocalize setting and map with your variable name.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
try to create dashboard from scratch to check if it appearing, it will appear as

Qid: Browser Meta Info - Browser
Badge +3
Thanks @bansalpeeyush29 , but I already tried that and it still doesn't show up. Brand new dashboard, added source from the correct survey...nothing. The other fields show up, but nothing for the Browser Meta Info.

I must have done something wrong with my survey setup, but since it is collecting the Browser Meta Info I assumed it was set up and working correctly.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
@Bradley_J ,
You can try this solutions.
Export the survey data to csv file and search the Browser meta question IDs.

It will have different column for browser,OS,version and so on.

In Vocalize dashboard settings, dashboard data:
Add Field ->Not Mapped->Show All->Add another embedded data.
here paste IDs of browser(like QID59_BROWSER)
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Nothing to do with survey setup, if question is added in survey at start or anywhere it should appear, for me it is appearing fine, I tried by creating dummy survey with Qualtrics meta info question and it appeared correctly in vocalize.

You can raise to Qualtrics support if it is still not appearing.
Badge +3
Thanks for the help everyone. Still couldn't get this fixed, so I'll raise it to Qualtrics support.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi @Bradley_J ,

I think you have to store these in embedded variables, than you can use these embedded variables in your report.

thanks
PJ
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @Bradley_J

"Meta Info Question" by default does not get mapped (sync) with vocalize hence, you will have to capture that information in an embedded data and then use that embedded data in Vocalize.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
> @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam said:
> Hi @Bradley_J
>
> "Meta Info Question" by default does not get mapped (sync) with vocalize hence, you will have to capture that information in an embedded data and then use that embedded data in Vocalize.
>
>

It automatically get mapped.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I think its not getting mapped automatically for every brand... I believe this is an update which Qualtrics made in the new release...(not sure)
Badge +3
Thanks everyone for all of the help. I did follow up with Qualtrics support on this and received the following reply:

"Unfortunately, the meta info question is one of the question types incompatible with Vocalize. However, you could create embedded data fields to store each of the columns of information captured by the meta info question, export the data, copy the information into the embedded data columns, and then bring that data into Vocalize."

Leave a Reply