Controlling iTunes Rating prompt vs Survey Intercept on Mobile SDK | XM Community
Solved

Controlling iTunes Rating prompt vs Survey Intercept on Mobile SDK

• 14 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10
Hello,

We are looking at acquiring the mobile app SDK functionality and had one concern that I can’t seem to sort out with the documentation provided to us (that being said I don’t know much about SDK building…).

We are looking to add in a survey intercept on the mobile app, but currently have an itunes rating prompt running, and obviously don’t want to bombard the user with too many ‘rate us’/’leave feedback’ requests. Does anyone know if there is a way we can control the survey intercept around the itunes prompt so that if they see the itunes one we won't bug them with the survey intercept?

Looking at the documentation we have, it looks like you can actually build your own iTunes prompt in the mobile SDK itself (https://api.qualtrics.com/v3/docs/getting-started-si-with-ios#section-using-intercept-logic-to-solicit-app-reviews) so if we were to run the iTunes prompt through that mobile SDK, would there be a way in the code to set logic so that one or the other shows (iTunes rating vs Survey), and never both in one visit?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 9 October 2018, 18:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello have a look at below url

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/1046/new-mobile-app-sdk-add-intercepts-to-your-mobile-apps
Userlevel 2
Badge +10
Thanks @Priyanka_jain - we have all of the SDK info, but just need to know of a way to control both set ups, that is to say our Qualtrics prompt as well as the iTunes one, at once (or combine them). I've reached out to Support to get the best way to tackle this and to confirm that if the iTunes prompt is built within the SDK we'll be able to dictate some level of behaviour (i.e. don't show if the other one does and vice versa).

Thanks for the help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @KristyP! It looks like you reached out to our Support team and got an answer! We'd love it if you shared with the rest of the community! 🙂

Leave a Reply