Join this month's Badge of the Month 💬 discussion about holiday traditions to earn your exclusive badge! | Earn Badge >

🏁 Getting Started in the XM Community & Onboarding Challenge

AmaraW
AmaraW Chicago, IL, USA Administrator

To get started, complete our Onboarding Challenge!

To help you learn how to use the community, we challenge you to complete the following four tasks. For each task you complete, you will earn a badge worth 5 points. Once you complete all of the tasks, you will receive a final completion badge.

• Profile Task: Upload a profile picture, fill out your profile fields, and set your notification settings. Request the Profile Perfector badge when you have completed this task. Watch the following video to learn more about your profile.
  • Introduction Task: Introduce yourself on the Community Introductions post. Request the Introduction badge when you have completed this task. Watch the following video to learn more about discussion threads.
  • Question/Discussion Task: Post a quality question or discussion. Request the First Conversation badge when you have completed this task. Watch the following video to learn more about asking questions and starting discussions.
  • First Answer Task: Answer another user's question and have your answer accepted. The First Answer badge will be automatically assigned to you once you answer is accepted. Watch the following video to learn more about accepted answers.

Once you achieve all of these badges, request the Onboarding Achiever badge to be recognized for knowing how the community works inside and out.

If you have any other questions...

Feel free to comment right on this post - we’ll respond as soon as we can!

Comments

• JenF
    JenF Appleton Level 2 ●●

@Emily - Maybe you have covered this, but what are the "visits" that are on our profile/activity page?

• Emily
    Emily Seattle, WA Former XM Community Team Member

@JenF said:
    @Emily - Maybe you have covered this, but what are the "visits" that are on our profile/activity page?

Hey Jen - this number refers to the number of times you log in to the community. Let me know if you have more questions!

• AnthonyR
    AnthonyR Tucson Az Level 4 ●●●●

@Emily Is there a way to "unaccept" an answer after marking it accepted?

• Emily

@AnthonyR said:
    @Emily Is there a way to "unaccept" an answer after marking it accepted?

Only administrators have the ability to change that status. If you direct message me the details, I can definitely change that for you!

• VirginiaM
    VirginiaM Boone, North Carolina Level 4 ●●●●

Love the new look on the community page!

• 2baprogrammer
    2baprogrammer Arizona Level 2 ●●

Liking the new visual changes and user profile page looks great!

• AnthonyR
    edited February 2018

I have to say, the mobile experience of the new theme is stellar. So glad I can keep up on the go now! However, clicking post comment on android opens my file upload menu.

• @AnthonyR - Thanks for reporting this. We're working on a fix now - I'll keep you posted!

@Everyone - let us know if you have any other issues or feedback!

• Akdashboard
    Akdashboard South Carolina Level 4 ●●●●

Echoing everyone else, the new layout is nice. Stylish, modern, and exciting.

• AnthonyR

Just noticed this has been updated, will the "Onboarding Achiever" badge be retroactively applied to existing users, or do we need to request that?

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2018

A couple updates for everyone:

@AnthonyR said:
    Just noticed this has been updated, will the "Onboarding Achiever" badge be retroactively applied to existing users, or do we need to request that?

Existing users will also need to request the Onboarding Achiever badge as well as any new badges mentioned in this post. The one exception is the Icebreaker badge (which I'll award right now to anyone who has already introduced themselves to the community).

@AnthonyR said:
    I have to say, the mobile experience of the new theme is stellar. So glad I can keep up on the go now! However, clicking post comment on android opens my file upload menu.

This Andriod issue should now be resolved. Let us know if you see any other issues.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi Charlottesville, VA

I may be missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to 'request a badge'?

Thank you :-)

• Emily

Hi @Bobbi! There are links within this post to each badge. When you click those links, you'll have the ability to "Request Badge" on that page.

• Bobbi

Thank you @Emily :smile:

• Bobbi

I just clicked on Profile Perfector in the post and please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see a "Request Badge" option?

• Emily
    edited July 2018

@Bobbi said:
    I just clicked on Profile Perfector in the post and please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see a "Request Badge" option?

Apologies! If you try again, that option should be there!

• Bobbi

Thank you, it's there now :-)

• Julmi
    Julmi Hungary

Minden igényt kielégítő választ kaptunk.
    Köszönjük! :)

• just joined :)

• LouRisc
    LouRisc NA Level 1 ●

Can you tell me what the difference is between "asking a question" and "starting a discussion?" Thanks!