Solved

Custom calculation on a dashboard

• 25 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
  • QPN Level 2 ●●
  • 42 replies
I have a calculation in my survey flow for a field based on questions answered. Once I get to the dashboard, I need to do a calculation that says if Field Name>5 then make Field Name2 5, otherwise Field Name2 = Field Name. Is this possible? We are trying to calculate the average of 5 dimensions, but not all dimensions will have a value so we want to divide by those that do. This has been a struggle so any help would be appreciated!!
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 25 September 2018, 16:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
We won't be able to write any logic/condition in the dashboard...

Try to add the same calculation in survey flow and capture the information in embedded data.
Then, in the dashboard use the embedded data to show the result.
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Unfortunately, we have 250,000 records that we just ran an API on and doing anything in the survey flow is not an option at this point 😞 Hoping there may be another workaround for it as we talked through this with Qualtrics before running the API and now seems there is an additional issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can create custom metrics in vocalize , to do this go to data settings and than in custom metrics and by writting formula you can define your own calculation which on later can be used in widgets

For any new variable, you can create embedded variablles in survey and can upload it in survey which on later mapping to dashboard can be accessed in widget
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
If you have data ready in CSV you can import it back to Qualtrics by exporting example CSV and inserting this data to this example CSV file.
Hello!

I'd like to calculate index in the dashboard. How can I add calculation in the dashboard?
For example, I create top-2-box in the dashboard of check-in, lounge and boarding, then I'd like to calculate Ground Service Index of each month by
multiplied each service item with correlation figure and sum all the figures divided by sum of correlation figure.
Check-in 84.1%*0.47 =39.4
Lounge 63.9%*0.46=29.3
Boarding 79.3%*0.56=44.0
then (39.4+29.3+44.0)/(0.47+0.46+0.56) =
Ground Service Index =76.0
Kindly please advise how to create dashboard and add calculation.

Thanks and best regards,
Tick

Leave a Reply