Can you use code to splice text-entry responses as piped text into further questions? | XM Community
Question

Can you use code to splice text-entry responses as piped text into further questions?

• 26 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Not 100% if this is the appropriate forum for this question, so my apologies if this was misplaced.

I have a survey that has multiple choice questions, and some options allow for text entry (e.g., Other). One of these questions asks what 'other' services folks use. The question states that folks should separate services with a semi-colon (e.g., SPSS; Stata). Does anyone know how/if it's possible to splice the text within this box to dig deeper on those responses in later questions? For example, I want to pipe text into a further question assessing their needs/uses for those services from that text response (e.g., To what extent do you use SPSS?).

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Please read this post

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3245088/how-to-split-a-comma-separated-string-and-process-in-a-loop-using-javascript

Other solution is to have multiple other specify and limit there entry to one service in one box.
Userlevel 6
Badge +28

Please refer the link shared in the first comment and transfer the spliced values in a field which then can be used to pipe in the value in the desired questions.

Leave a Reply