💡 XM Community Learnings | Badge of the Month | July 2022 | XM Community

💡 XM Community Learnings | Badge of the Month | July 2022

💡 XM Community Learnings | Badge of the Month | July 2022
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between July 1 and July 31, will receive this badge worth 40 points.

Badge Of The Month | July 2022

Question: What have you learned from the XM Community?
The XM Community is a really unique place with a variety of user goals - whether it’s finding a unique solution to a specific use case, engaging in experience management thought leadership, discovering custom code, staying up to date with product releases, earning rewards, networking, suggesting product improvements, and/or helping others. We want to learn a little more about how you use the XM Community to enhance your own programs and work! Share some of the incredible things you have learned from your XM Community.  Alternatively, tell us about some of the most significant goals you have met through your community.

40 replies

Badge +48

💡 The XM Community has taught me about how caring people really are. I will never forget how surprised I was when I first discovered the XM Community and saw how many people were going out of their way to help others, some of which they don't even know, succeed.
I think I have also learned a lot about experience management and helping users achieve their goals in the community! Every day in the community is a whole new learning experience for me 💡

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

The members of the Qualtrics Community constantly surprise me with how kind and empathetic they are. I see posts regularly where people take the time to help one another and provide creative solutions to see them achieve their goals through the product. I’m grateful to be a part of the a global community of users who care for one another.
I’m very excited to be a part of the Community team and contribute to its growth!

Userlevel 4
Badge +23

What have you learned from the XM Community?
Everything.
This community is full of people who care. It isn't just the nature of what we do, to understand and be a catalyst for empathy, but every person I have met through the community (even considering all virtual) has felt familiar right away.
Participating in the XM Community, the XM Pros Community, and the XMI Basecamp courses has been the primary source for me learning XM. Relative to everything else I've found, also the best BTW.
Goals? Connecting with others has helped me to set realistic goals with my role and org. Even though I'm new, this community has equipped me to competently present XM frameworks and the why behind the what when making decisions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

The XM Community has helped me immensely over my time working with the Qualtrics platform and continuing to develop my CX acumen. The Community contains a wealth of knowledge and experience and is powered by an amazing group of people - both internal to Qualtrics (shout out to our lovely Community Admins 😀) and external - who give generously in terms of their time, expertise and passion.
Thanks to the XM Community, not only have increased my own knowledge and skills with the Qualtrics platform (either via assistance from incredible Community members or the fantastic Basecamp courses), but I've found ways to think more creatively in my role. The XM Community also provides the opportunity give back and I love that so many people take the time to lend a helping hand when possible.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

The XM Community is a great pool of wonderful people, who decided to assist - help and colaborate.
I´m excited and also happy to be part of it!
Looking forward to stay in touch with all of you and happy to assist newbies turning in and starting to build a great eXperience Community!

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

The XM Community has shown me a lot of different use cases for Qualtrics that I hadn't considered before and introduced me to a lot of JS libraries I otherwise may not have discovered. Most recently I found some posts about implementing Select2 which may actually address I an issue I have been working on!
I also used avoid jQuery like the plague, but the many helpful examples that make use of it have shown me the light 🤩

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

What have I learned from the community? I couldn't say only one way in which the community has helped me. I've found anwers to particular use cases that helped me a lot in my job; But more than anything, subscribing to the community has helped me stay current with the latest release and mantain the curiosity to find hidden features in the platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

For me, it's also a combination of a lot of things that I find on community.
Whenever I have a question to which I can't find the answer on the Support pages, I first come looking here on Community. There's a big chance that I then find a thread of someone who encountered that before and a solution! For example, if you embed the first survey question in the email, how to avoid that the respondend then still opens the survey on that first question. Community thought me I can either add a Timing question, or add javascript, that will immediatly make the survey advance to the second question.
When I don't find an existing thread, and I open a new one, I am always heartwarmed by how fast the community members jump in and try to help out 🤩 In return, I try to find time to also reply to questions! A big thank you to everyone who has helped me out throughout these years! 🙏
Also the weekly product updates are very useful. I know the upcoming updates fasther through Community, than I do from the monthly Partner update mails 😀
The product ideas are also a vital part for product improvement. I see and hear so many things with my different customers, and I am so glad there is a place where I can put those ideas 💡 ! Though, I do think this needs to be brought to the attention of more customers, as I have a feeling there's currently not so many voters. Maybe add it in the ❔ menu on Qualtrics in the "other ways to get help" block?
And lastly, the reward program is also a nice extra touch. I would use the community platform without the rewards too, but it is really a strong extra motivation, and I am very curious about the upcoming changes to the program! When I achieved Guru rank, I proudly added the XM sticker on my laptop, unfortunately we change them every 3 years and I don't have a sticker anymore on my new laptop 😢

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

The community helped me a lot, especially with the customization of the first questionnaire. There are many functionalities that Qualtrics does not offer out-of-the-box, but which are easy to implement with a few lines of JavaScript (e.g. alphabetical sorting of a country list in all languages). Without the help of the community, however, I would not have been able to implement these features. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

The XM Community has helped me with the questions I am asked using JavaScript, triggers, and any outside-the-box questions. This community makes my job easier to understand of my community and makes me more prepared to take on challenging questions. Honestly, I have a ton of fun trying to troubleshoot some of the questions that are asked in our space.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I love reading these member stories of what everyone has learned on the XM Community! We are so happy that the Community has proven to be valuable for so many ❤️

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

I've learned so much from this community, but the highlight has been how to bring colleagues on board with the value and fundamental principles of CX, including maturity models and how to set a context in an empowering and safe way for people who haven't to date thought much about it, or who even see it as a threat. The two most notable points for me have been:

1. Not feeling a need to bring everyone on board, but to find colleagues who are open to the idea and curious to serve as advocates and evangelists; and

2. When thinking about framing customer journeys, think about what the customer's three most recent tasks, and next three tasks, might be.

Thanks for building such a rich and valuable community of CX practice here!

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

So what have I learned from the XM Community?
A lot 😀The XM Community is a diverse one with a strong participation of folks responsible for managing the Qualtrics tools in their work towards achieving their companies' XM goals. But I don't feel left out 😉
For me personally it's more about engaging in experience management thought leadership on the one hand, balanced with a fun dose of earning points in the Rank & Rewards program 🎖️️, networking and where I can support with improvement suggestions and helping others 🤝
I really enjoyed following the course and getting certified on XM Fundamentals ✔️which was a valuable eye opener by providing a broader understanding of XM. The more I learn about the field of XM, CX and EX the more I appreciate the common denominators with Service Management 💡 
Together these produce a robust framework enabling me to engage with the many different stakeholders that span the customer journey to realize iterative improvements in the way we work for a continually improving customer experience 💙 

Userlevel 4
Badge +22

What have you learned from the XM Community?
XM Community has helped me a lot in my onboarding to the platform.
Be it a technical question, look & feel or CSS, meeting people virtually and support each other in the queries really makes the community experience best for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

I learned how good people are who are ready to help each other and also learn how does a community run. It is great to be a part of this great community!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

The XM community has helped me to create better surveys that will provide more actionable results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

From being part of this Community I realize how many ways there are to solve a challenge, how many of us encounter similar challenges or pain points (we are not alone!) and how many smart, talented people are here that are willing to help each other out along the way. I learn from you all every time I come here!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I have learned from the XM Community that Qualtrics is insanely flexible. Throughout my university years, I have used my university's Qualtrics subscription on classwork, research assistantships, and internships. For each, I ran into numerous issues that I thought would be impossible to implement on Qualtrics. But the XM Community proved me wrong. There was always a member who helped me with my request and I was able to implement these changes. Therefore, this community taught me that Qualtrics is very flexible and anything is possible on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

It's the first "professional" community I've ever been a part of and I love that I can get help and insights from people that are far smarter than me and with skills that I can never dream of acquiring.

Also, I've learned that if there is anything you want to do with Qualtrics that isn't there Out-of-the-Box, it can most likely be solved with Java Script. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Wow, I'm blown away with everyone's replies so far! We're delighted that the XM Community has been helpful to so many ❤️

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Community has help me improve my own skills by offering me issues to resolve !
Il like to be challenged and when I have some free time, I like to search for new use cases I can resolve.

I also like to seek through product ideas section and find nice opportunities I can help becoming real by adding my humble thump up 👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +45

I have learned SO MUCH from the XM Community! When I was starting out with Qualtrics I would come here to find answers to my questions, and also to try and help other people find answers to their questions. Helping others find answers actually taught me more about Qualtrics than I would have learned if I just used it for my job and never really pushed myself outside that box. I also love the community challenges that come about once in awhile that encourage me to try new things and find out what Qualtrics is capable of doing (any chance we might have another one soon?).

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/47519#Comment_47519We can definitely look into bringing back XM community challenges 🤩

Badge +48

I am so happy to hear how much the XM Community and how much everyone's hard work is helping Qualtrics users 💙

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

The XM Community is a great place to kick-start your basic understanding about the Qualtrics platform and if & when you required some help, everyone is readily available to provide you with it.
One thing I noticed personally was that, like me, many people just want to help others and that really helps me to go away & beyond for everyone! Thanks everyone!
I recently completed my #1yearAnniversary on XM, cheers to the more coming years!!

Leave a Reply