Drill down question for reporting | XM Community
Solved

Drill down question for reporting

• 1 October 2018
  • 3 replies

A key question in my survey is asking participants what school and school district they are reporting from. Since initial iterations of this survey resulted in errors (people didn't know the school district, or even the proper name of the school) I have created this as a drill-down question. The drill down goes first with the school, then the district. Each entry now captures the selection as a unique answer which has created significant aggregation issues. For example, if I want to view only District 1, the system recognizes each District 1 selection as unique. This is the same for schools. Is it possible to have the system recognize that District 1 is the same as District 1, Main High School as Main High School, etc etc? Appreciate your design solutions in advance!
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 1 October 2018, 05:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
If you are making it as drill down with first labels as school and other as district. So when you select school first it will filter out the district's that are stored in your data.
Thank you for the answer - however, that is exactly what it does as I have it constructed. The issue occurs when I am trying to only look at events in a single district - the system recognizes each as a separate variable, not the same one. Therefore I can't analyze just District 1 in the report feature. While I can export and create a report outside of this, the point of the program is to also allow for analysis to occur within the platform...which I would really like to have happen here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
When you have district's stored in single variable , they will not appear separately.

Leave a Reply