responseexports and Embedded Data | XM Community
Solved

responseexports and Embedded Data

• 1 October 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge +2
When I use responseexports to get survey responses I can't seem to get the embedded data in the export. I HAVE used includedQuestionIds to specify both the blanket "embeddedData" as well as individual field names (not at the same time, obviously) and neither one will give me any embedded data. I have also passed individual question IDs with includedQuestionIds so I know that my class and the json are technically correct, I just cant get the embedded data. What am I missing?
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 2 October 2018, 16:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hi @merlyn383 ,

Please check if all paremeters are passed correct, refer below link

https://api.qualtrics.com/docs/create-response-export
Badge +2
@bansalpeeyush29 Yes, I believe so. Here is what I'm passing:
`{"format":"json","includedQuestionIds":["QID1","QID2","QID3","QID4","QID5","embeddedData"],"surveyId":"SV_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX","useLabels":true}`
Everything works, including only getting questions 1-5, but I don't get any embedded data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Can you check trying passing the embedded variable names rather than embededdata
Badge +2
I'm not sure what "embedded variables" are. I know what Custom Variables are but they won't work for me because the data that I'm trying to pass are strings. Specifically, my survey is behind a CAS so I'm pulling their authentication UserID after they sign in. I'm writing that UserID to an embedded data field called "userID". I've tried both `{"format":"json","includedQuestionIds":["QID1","QID2","QID3","QID4","QID5","embeddedData"],"surveyId":"SV_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX","useLabels":true}` and `{"format":"json","includedQuestionIds":["QID1","QID2","QID3","QID4","QID5","userID"],"surveyId":"SV_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX","useLabels":true}`, neither of which will get me any of the embedded data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Have you defined userid in survey flow. Syntax is correct.try in array with only userid and remove other questions to check what it pulls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Plus in normal data export which we do going to data analysis tab are you able to extract this variable.
Badge +2
Yes, the userID is defined in the survey flow as part of the SSO step. If I export data to a CSV via the Data Analysis I can see the field (including `{"ImportId":"userID"}`) but the field does to show up in any API queries using responseexports. I tried just exporting the userID field as you suggested above but it did not work either.
The code `{"format":"json","includedQuestionIds":["userID"],"surveyId":"SV_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX","useLabels":true}` generates the result
`{
"responses":[
{
"ResponseID" : "R_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
"ResponseSet" : "Default Response Set",
"IPAddress" : "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX",
"StartDate" : "2018-10-01 09:05:44",
"EndDate" : "2018-10-01 09:06:24",
"RecipientLastName" : "",
"RecipientFirstName" : "",
"RecipientEmail" : "",
"ExternalDataReference" : "",
"Finished" : "1",
"Status" : "0",
"LocationLatitude" : "39.95970153808594",
"LocationLongitude" : "-75.1968002319336",
"LocationAccuracy" : "-1"
}
]}`

And yes, I can get the data via a manual export but I need to be able to send data data back and for the between servers/applications using APIs. The documentation for https://api.qualtrics.com/docs/create-response-export says that retrieving embedded data is possible. I just can't get it to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Everything looks good, not sure why it's not fetching this variable. You can check with support team.

Leave a Reply