🦇 Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2022 | XM Community

🦇 Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2022

🦇  Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2022
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between October 1 and October 31, will receive this badge worth 40 points.

Badge of the Month | October 2022

Question: What was your favorite spooky movie or TV show to watch in 2022? Alternatively, what was your favorite spooky book that you read in 2022? 
It’s officially spooky season! Do you love a good scare in the fall? Or, do you avoid all things scary? One of our favorite ways to celebrate Halloween and spooky season is to watch frightening movies and read scary books. We want to know about your favorite spooky books, movies, and TV shows, (even if they aren’t that frightening) from this year. Tell us all about your fall favorites so we can watch / read them and dive into the season!

108 replies

Badge +48

🦇 I absolutely loved the show Black Bird on Apple TV 🦇

This mini tv series gave me chills and is certifiably spooky! Based on a true story, Black Bird is about a convict who collaborates with the FBI to obtain a confession from a suspected serial killer. The convict, Taron Egerton, is forced to transfer to a maximum security prison where the suspected serial killer is detained and must befriend said killer. I'd give it a 10/10!
Artboard 1.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

I typically do not watch scary films, unless it's with a group 😅 I watched Orphan movie with friends a long time back, and I remember that I absolutely had no idea what type of movie it was so that was a very scary surprise! 👻 I recently learnt its prequel, Orphan 2, came out to theaters and I think it's safe to say I wont be going to it by myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I am a big fan of Stephen King's books from back in the day 📚️ I don't watch too many scary TV shows or movies, but I have a lot of fun memories about Halloween as a kid 🎃
It's also interesting to see how many countries have similar events or celebrations as part of their culture! Martinstag in Germany (in certain regions) has some similarities with Halloween, when children also go from house to house with lanterns, singing songs and getting candy in return.
I'm curious to know from our global members if you have similar traditions where you live? 🌍

I absolutely love dressing up in scary costumes along with my kids and going trick or treating.
Ok I’m a huge fan of going to haunted houses during the month of October. Also I love going to scarewinds in North Carolina. Also around this time of the year, my sisters and I love getting together with our kids and tell ghost stories, weather they are true or false, fake or real, we scare the crap out of

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

The scariest thing I've seen on TV in 2022 is definitely Stranger Things Season 4. The show had its dark moments in the past already, but season 4 went all the way up to the level of The Exorcist 😱
image.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

One more vote for Stranger Things - definitely my favourite spooky series.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good morning from a cloudy Sweden!
LOVE scary movies, the missus does not. So I'm not seeing too many scary movies these days, but yes, Stranger Things season 4 was great but not very scary.
Read a book that was pretty creepy that is called "The thirst" by Norwegian writer Jo Nesbø.

BUT, I have seen a TRAILER that seriously sent chills down my spine and although my wife have already hard opt'ed out of seeing this one, it's a sure MUST for me.
Check out the trailer for the upcoming move "Smile" here (Youtube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcDK7lkzzsU

All the best
-Mattias

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

My go-to horror book that I've read and love the series around our house is The Last Ritual - Horror at Arkham. A young couple gets engaged in a university where strange stories happen. The town is haunted and Alden (the main character) has gone to Arkham City to investigate horrific crimes. This book ties in as well as the Harry Potter books. The writer of these books H.P Lovecraft. They have adapted a drama series in 2020 in the name of Lovecraft country which is excellent!

horreur.jpglovecraft.jpglovecraft country.jpg

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

I was getting ready to say that I don't like scary things but then:

• I LOVE Stephen King books (especially the Dark Tower series)

• I'm a fan of Stranger Things and Lovecraft Country

• I like Get Out and tolerate Cabin in the Woods...but think all Hitchcock movies are great.

So I guess maybe I do like scary things! Haha!

Badge +2

Love Hocus Pocus, and so excited that Disney released Hocus Pocus 2!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

You have to check out the Evil series! It started out on Netflix, and moved to the Paramount+ channel. Season 3 aired this year, and it just keeps getting better.
It's very quirky, filled with dark humor, horror, romance and amazing characters you will absolutely fall in love with (or love to hate...)!
2fnr8xSGyjdh1b3oqkVIb4sDBwr.jpg

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50321#Comment_50321I saw the "Smile" trailer in the theater last week. I'm with your wife - hard nope for me - I was hiding my eyes! 🙂 I do hope you get to see and enjoy though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Without a doubt, my absolute favorite Halloween movie of all time is "Young Frankenstein". Hands down. I'm not a huge fan of scary movies, but a good hearty laugh is something I'm always up for. (This is the musical number by Gene Wilder and Peter Boyle.) Young frankenstein Putting On The Ritz - YouTube

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have to watch at least a few of the Halloween series films. Just something simplistic about Michael Meyers. I'm the only one in my realm of people that is into horror. Also, The Omen is a classic.
Stranger Things to me is Sci-Fi, not horror but I understand what is a little spicy to me is napalm to others.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

To bring something new to the table, I'll recommend "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken", which stars Don Knotts. Knowing the star, you have an idea what kind of fun nonsense you'll get with this. It has several lines my family often quotes. Kind of highlights how very far from dark my "spooky" tastes are (hence why I also enjoyed "Hubie Halloween").
TheGhostandMrChicken.jpgHubieHalloween.jpg

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50318#Comment_50318JoycaV, JessicaGregory_CHNw & ManfredBM I absolutely LOVED season 4! It was SO good and SO spooky. Here in the states, some people get really into decorating their homes for Halloween. Some families even went viral on social media for their Stranger Things decor. Here is a video of this family that went viral for their yard decorations, which included a floating Max
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 10.58.58 AM.png

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50338#Comment_50338I actually am obsessed with this show and think it's hilarious! You are the only person I know who watches it too! 10/10 Amazing show!

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

I love watching the movie Clue this time of year. A good sense of mystery with plenty of laughs! There's also multiple endings so if you don't like it at first it'll change to something different.

Userlevel 6
Badge +45

I try to avoid all things scary...which is why Hocus Pocus is my go-to Halloween movie (and I'm looking forward to watching Hocus Pocus 2 this month!)
I do watch a lot of true crime though, and that is scary on a whole different level...so eventually I'll get around to watching Dahmer.
And although it's probably not scary at all, my plan this Halloween is to watch Ghostbusters (because I've never seen it, and it's a classic, right?!) 😄

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Neither my partner or I are big into horror, but we do both enjoy Sci Fi horror films!
Although they neither of them are new, honourable mentions include Alien and Annhilation - we saw Annhilation off a whim on Netflix and loved it. Now whenever I see a lighthouse I think of that movie (no spoilers) :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50395#Comment_50395Sci-Fi horror instantly makes me think of Event Horizon. Truly uncomfortable :D

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I always liked Sci-fi shows but nowadays i like all the shows related to my job field (financial services) , and this year was marked by "Industry" HBO show; that remminds me whe i was doing my high potential internship. If you ever work for this industry or never, probably you will connetc with the trama or you will notice a lot of facts and taboo's of finance industry.
image.png

Badge +7

I think it's not only my favorite spooky movie, but my favorite movie overall: The Nun. It is part or the saga of The Conjuring and the way in which they follow the timeline, the study of the cases, the interpretation of the characters and mainly, the soundtrack, make this movie and the complete saga my favorite. I'm also a big fan of Dan Brown and Stephen King, so I really like to read their books by this season.

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50395#Comment_50395I thought Annihilation was so underrated and overlooked - it is an incredible and visually stunning film! I absolutely love the Alien series and movies like Prometheus! Did you watch the new predator movie Prey? I felt like it was missing a lot of the storyline that the Alien series offers, but it was still fun to watch 😁

Badge +48

aldryn_vega I love that series! I cannot watch those movies alone at all - I need a light on and a movie buddy 😂

Leave a Reply