Get individual survey response from v2.5 API | XM Community
Solved

Get individual survey response from v2.5 API

• 5 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

Our Qualtrics surveys redirect to our website on completion, passing the SurveyID and ResponseID to the landing page, and we need to display some aggregate information pulled from the response on the resulting page that the respondent sees.

I've looked into using the v3 CreateResponseExport API, but aside from being a huge amount of developer work (three requests, handling zipped files, parsing data files that could contain many thousands of records) it is also way too slow to be usable for displaying an immediate response to a site user.

I would dearly love for a GetResponse API action to be added, which takes a ResponseID and returns the response data - this seems such an obvious use-case, that I find it hard to believe it is not in the v3 API!

However, I have found that it _does_ exist in v2.5 of the API, as getLegacyResponseData. Therefore, I have been attempting to test whether this gives us what we need, at an acceptable speed.

The problem I am currently hitting is that the response is returning an EAP135 error: "The requested resource does not exist.".

* This doesn't appear to be an issue with authentication, as using an incorrect username or token results in a different error: "Incorrect Username or Password" or "Invalid token", respectively.
* This doesn't appear to be an issue with the SurveyID or ResponseID, as I get the same response if I call the getSurveys action, which takes no arguments.
* This is not a problem in my implementation, as I get the same response when using the 'try it' functionality at https://survey.qualtrics.com/WRAPI/ControlPanel/docs.php#getSurveys_2.5

Can you let me know what I'm doing wrong? Has the 2.5 API stopped working, or do we need to enable it on our account? Or is there something else going on?

Here is the full URL that I am trying to get to, with username and token redacted:

https://survey.qualtrics.com/WRAPI/ControlPanel/api.php?API_SELECT=ControlPanel&Version=2.5&Request=getSurveys&User=USERNAME&Token=TOKEN&Format=JSON

Kind regards,

-- Mark
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 17 October 2018, 17:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @MarkC! We are in the process of deprecating v2 API and so it is possible that your brand has been switched over to v3 only. I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team so they can further investigate and confirm whether this is the case!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @LaurenK said:
> Hi @MarkC! We are in the process of deprecating v2 API and so it is possible that your brand has been switched over to v3 only. I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team so they can further investigate and confirm whether this is the case!

@LaurenK,

Yikes! This is a bit worrisome...

1. Are customers being given notice before their brands are switched? How much? A switch could have a big impact on on-going projects and would take a considerable amount of time to plan.
2. What is the status of the "GetResponse" feature request? This feature request has been out there awhile with many people interested in it. As @MarkC pointed out, it is a big outage in v3. It seems strange that Qualtrics would switch off v2 for anyone before adding GetResponse to v3.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @TomG and @MarkC!

Brand Admin's are being notified before the switch is made! If a brand was previously using the v2 API, they will _not_ be switched over. If a brand was not using v2 API, then they will be switched over to v3. The v2 API documentation does display a warning that those API's are deprecated. If you believe your brand was switched over incorrectly, please reach out to your Brand Admin so they may contact our Support Team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Thanks for the follow-up @LaurenK!

Leave a Reply