Is it possible to generate 360 reports that include existing norming data? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to generate 360 reports that include existing norming data?

• 29 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Is it possible to generate 360 reports that include existing norming data? We want to compare individual scores to the normed data.
icon

Best answer by Barnaby 7 February 2018, 00:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I've only been able to enter imported data as fixed text/metadata, so it could work if you present the actual data as numeric. Currently I put uploaded numeric data into tables and then pull in the subject's data.

I haven't been able to get norm data integrated into the built-in graphs yet. I would love to hear ideas on how to do this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
As strange as it sounds, why not create a separate project, answer with the normed data as your answers, and use that single response data as a a separate data source to compare against?
Userlevel 1
Badge
When we have asked Qualtrics about this, they said the feature wasn't available. We have had to generate normative data ourselves across all of our surveys and provide those numbers to participants in a separate handout. Really wish Qualtrics would add this feature.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
@SaraC I agree, along with norming data, our reports would also benefit from percentile ranks, and that also seems to be missing from the 360.

@AnthonyR I think that is a great idea that might work if you have very simple averages in the normed data, but many times the norm data is a complicated mix of items across several questions and for particular relationships. It would be difficult to get averages like "7.41" to show up from multiple questions with the right error bars showing up.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I reached out to Qualtrics Support, and they let me know that when I add a new data source, I can change the source to be Predefined Data from a JSON file or use a Web Service to call in normed information.

Leave a Reply