Response Mapping: Update/refresh values in Salesforce that were created via Response Mapping? | XM Community
Solved

Response Mapping: Update/refresh values in Salesforce that were created via Response Mapping?

• 15 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I have a survey where the Survey Flow uses a number of Embedded Data fields to write survey responses onto existing Salesforce campaign records. The survey was accidentally sent out with incorrect values in two of the Embedded Data fields, so when the respondents submitted their survey, Response Mapping wrote incorrect values into those two fields on the Campaign Member record.

I went through the survey responses on Qualtrics and edited the values on the two incorrect Embedded Data fields to update them to the correct values. Now I would like to refresh the existing Campaign Member records in Salesforce so that the correct values overwrite the older incorrect values.

I'm still pretty new to Qualtrics and haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I've been referring to this article https://www.qualtrics.com/support/integrations/salesforce-integration/response-mapping but don't see my specific use case.

There is a pre-existing Response Mapping on the survey responses to the Campaign Member record with the trigger of "On Survey Complete." That mapping needs to stay in place. What I think I need to do is add an additional Response Mapping that has a different trigger (something like "manually"). My goal is to retrigger the response mapping on a selected set of Qualtrics survey response records so the corrected values are written into Salesforce.

How do I do this?
icon

Best answer by Kate 16 October 2018, 15:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Is your record being recorded via Insert? If yes- I'd recommend just creating new Campaign records with the correct information and deleting the incorrect ones.

To push already-taken responses back into Salesforce, Go to Data And Analysis > Find the Survey record you need to refresh > Actions > Retake response. Click through to re-trigger the mapping. It will send with your new data that you have updated.

You can try and play with the "Upsert" feature as well, using the Key as the Campaign ID. But that involves now going in and adding that campaign ID to your respondents which feels laborious.

Either method is pretty manual. There comes a point where it may just be eaiser to edit the records in SF without messing with the survey mapping.
Badge +1
Thanks Kate! This is very helpful.
I have a survey where the Survey Flow uses a number of Embedded Data fields to write survey responses onto existing Salesforce campaign.
We have survey in 6 languages & response mapping is same for all, but only french respondent fill in the survey, it does not get captured in Salesforce. All the other 5 languages are getting captured in Salesforce object - Campaign Member.
Do anyone have an idea why is it happening only for French?

Leave a Reply