Solved

How to incorporate device type data into Vocalize

• 18 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 295 replies
I've set up a mobile and desktop intercept on a survey, and want to embed that data into Stats IQ and Vocalize. How do I do that?
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 18 October 2018, 18:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You have to store device type variable as embedded variable first. As all metadata does not appear directly to vocalize. Punch this in embedded variable and then use it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
After adding as embedded, please do map same going to vocalize data settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks, @bansalpeeyush29 -- I tried that but don't see device type as one of the choices for embedded data fields under "Survey Flow". Is there another way to add the field? I'm assuming that Qualtrics distinguishes between surveys responding to a mobile vs. desktop intercept. Any other suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Read below. Using user info question you can punch to embedded variable

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/website-app-feedback/intercepts-tab/edit-intercept-section/action-set-logic/user-info-conditions/
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks again @bansalpeeyush29 - I have the device type condition set in the intercept, now how do I punch it to an embedded variable?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
In survey flow you can add branch like if device type is mobile punch your embedded variable say device and set it to mobile.

In other condition if device type is not mobile set your embedded variable device to desktop

Leave a Reply