How can I make sure that bounce-backs don't continue to get new emails? Unsubscribing bounce backs? | XM Community
Solved

How can I make sure that bounce-backs don't continue to get new emails? Unsubscribing bounce backs?

• 6 December 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 43 replies
Whenever I send out a mailing, the same group of people continue to get bounce backs. How can I prevent them from appearing in my mailing when I'm sending an email to my directory.

Additionally, how can I "unsubscribe" them from appearing in my directory.
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 3 January 2018, 15:06

View original

7 replies

You need to go to your contact list and Opt Out. If you select the ones you need, there's a dropdown that says "With Selected." Expand the drop down and select Opt Out.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@bgilman2

It seems like I would need to search every person at a time, which would take some time if a list has about 50 people. Is there a way that I could sort by bounce-backs?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@KatC This seems like a good use case for a feature request for a Contact List trigger condition to be based off "undelivered emails." Currently your only options are question-based, embedded data based, or quota based. All of which would require contacting the recipient first.

If this is a feature they put in quickly, you can build a contact list based off of this and then unsubscribe en mass.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@Akdashboard

Thanks! Do you have any experience submitting feature requests? Any tips?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@KatC

You can do it 2 ways.
1) Online with this form and choosing "Feature Request" at the bottom. FORM
2) Calling support and asking them to help with what you are trying to accomplish. When they can't solve it for you, they will offer to make a feature request on your behalf.

I'd recommend #2 for this though, as they might know a better way to do this. Please share if they do.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @KatC said:
> @Akdashboard
>
> Thanks! Do you have any experience submitting feature requests? Any tips?

Hi Kat! If you have not yet already, we’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!.
> @Akdashboard said:
> @KatC
>
> You can do it 2 ways.
> 1) Online with this form and choosing "Feature Request" at the bottom. FORM
> 2) Calling support and asking them to help with what you are trying to accomplish. When they can't solve it for you, they will offer to make a feature request on your behalf.
>
> I'd recommend #2 for this though, as they might know a better way to do this. Please share if they do.

Was this feature ever created for you ? I a looking for the same solution. Thanks!

Leave a Reply