How can I do an A/B test survey with two target groups which have to answer the same question? | XM Community
Solved

How can I do an A/B test survey with two target groups which have to answer the same question?

• 29 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello,
i need to make a survey investigating about the UX of a tool with A/B testing.
- The survey should randomly be distributed between the participants group A and group B.
- Group A is interacting with tool A
- Group B is interacting with the manipulated tool which is tool B

after interacting with those tools both groups should answer the same survey questions (which are on a 7 point Likert scale).

So what I basically want to do is to send out ONE email to the participants. A participant will be randomly allocated to group A or to group B, interacting with the associated tool A or B, and then they have to answer the same questions.

In my data i have to see which statistics belong to group A and which belong to group B.

What is the best/smartest way to implement my idea?

Thanks for your advice,

Daniel
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 30 October 2018, 14:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I am not sure how you are showing the 2 different tools or regulating that. Is it in Quatrics somehow?

As far as randomly assigning A/B values to a participant in order to segment the results, this can be done in the survey flow using the randomizer block and embedded data blocks.

!
Thank you @Akdashboard for your answer!
The Survey will investigate the interaction with a chatbot (focus on UX).
Therefore i developed 2 chatbots, to which the participants will be directed with a link.

Hence, i should somehow include the link for chatbot A to the survey for group A and the link for chatbot B into the survey B.

Will this be possible with your solution?

Best,
Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @d_hartl

Yes! This is super easy. Using the same structure of blocks in the image above add an additional embedded data field in both green blocks called "ChatBot_Link" and set it equal to the first link for Experience A and the second link for Experience B. Then in your survey, use Piped Text to pipe "ChatBot_Link" at the right point.

Piped text is pretty straightforward, but you can learn more at the this link, if you aren't familiar with it yet.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/piped-text/piped-text-overview/

Leave a Reply