Branch logic for no multiple choice option selected? | XM Community
Solved

Branch logic for no multiple choice option selected?

• 30 October 2018
  • 4 replies

I want to create a branch logic for when the participant has not responded to a specific multiple choice question. For text entry, I can choose to apply the logic if the text box is empty, but I can't figure out how to do that for a multiple choice question.
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 30 October 2018, 00:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
You would branch if all options are not selected. Unfortunately branch logic will require youu to specify each one similar to this: !
Hi Anthony, Thanks so much! Unfortunately, I think there's an extra challenge because I want the logic to apply if the participant didn't respond to the multiple choice question OR a few other questions. If I did what you did above and then added an OR statement, would that work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@meredithg you can add an OR statement. If it's a group of other questions they have to have skipped, make sure that when you click on the first box you change it to "Move to new logic set" and when that appears change it to OR. Then all of the statements in that set can be set to ands to specify more than one question had to to skipped. If they just have to have skipped one of the questions, you can add OR statements without moving them to a new logic set.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @meredithg! Just wanted to jump in here and recommend this support page about Using Logic!

Leave a Reply