Link 1 survey to another in Qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

Link 1 survey to another in Qualtrics

• 31 October 2018
  • 6 replies

How can I pass along the Request ID from 1 survey to next (not through my website but Qualtrics Website). I would like if they answer a question, instead of branching logic it takes you to a total, separate survey, and each survey refers to the other (as recorded response) when you download (could be a link in the survey). So a person has answered a question, and they choose A - they are taken to a new survey relevant to that specific response. Branching logic and the outputs has resulted in unhappy users navigating the survey and responding.
icon

Best answer by TomG 31 October 2018, 20:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Put an end of survey block (EOS) in the branch that you want to go to another survey. Customize the EOS with a redirect link to the other survey. Add any parameters you want to pass from the first survey to the other survey at the end of redirect survey link (e.g., &RequestID=${e://Field/RequestID}). Be sure you add RequestID as an embedded variable in the other survey.
I will give it a try, and then let you know. Thank you very much. It makes sense.
Badge +1

How can one do this without using the anonymous link? Is the solution to add one or more unique parameters to the anonymous link, pass the variable(s), and use an authenticator in the new survey?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/35580#Comment_35580You could create personal links to the second survey for everyone you invite to the first and add those links to the contact list as an embedded data field. Then redirect to the embedded data field.

Badge +1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/8383#Comment_8383I'm having trouble adding parameters I want to pass from the first survey to the next one. Is there a specific character I need to add to the end of the anonymous link before adding something like "&Email=${e://Field/Email}"?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Yes, you need to add a question mark to the end of the anonymous link before any parameters. The & is optional before the 1st parameter.

Leave a Reply