Activate an intercept on website from an newsletter link | XM Community
Solved

Activate an intercept on website from an newsletter link

• 1 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
Hello Qummunity

As mentioned in my question I've been asked if it is possible to redirect people to our website whom have clicked on the unsubscribe link within a newsletter. Once there they are given a thankyou for unsubscribing message but also we would like a survey to appear asking why they decided to unsubscribe. Setting up the survey on that page is straightforward but what I would like to know is how can I track which newsletter they came from so we can capture some metrics on unsubscribes. Would I need to be looking at query strings or site referrals?

Regards in advance
icon

Best answer by AdamBoston 9 November 2018, 13:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I would put a query string onto the URL of each newsletter if you want to track at an individual basis.

If you have a naming convention for your newsletters, that would help you to easily identify which email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Pass the info along on the unsubscribe link in the email on the query string. Then use site intercept to capture that parameter:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/website-app-feedback/intercepts-tab/edit-intercept-section/action-set-options/embedded-data-website-app-feedback/

Leave a Reply