Mapping the embedded Response ID into dashboard | XM Community
Solved

Mapping the embedded Response ID into dashboard

• 2 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +5
Hi,

I want to access the data collected under "Response ID" in a survey to build a visualization in vocalize - on the survey side the data analysis tab clearly shows a column under the title "Response ID" that is fully populated but it is not listed under the drop down menu for embedded data.
Because it was not listed in the drop down menu, I manually added an embedded data field called ID and typed in "Response ID" into my survey flow and mapped the field into Vocalize but it is an empty field with no data.

Please help?
icon

Best answer by JasonHill 2 November 2018, 22:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
The value is ResponseID, so your embedded data will be ${e://Field/ResponseID}

Check out: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data#BuiltinEmbeddedData

You can just replace 'ResponseID' in ${e://Field/ResponseID} with any of the other field values listed.
Hi JasonHill,

When i add this as embedded field for response ID as "text set", i don't see any value only NA, any suggestion?

I added as below:

${e://Field/ResponseID}

My survey data column in qualtrics downloaded excel file look like below:

ResponseId
Response ID
{"ImportId":"_recordId"}
R_28OR0ZCEwOPo1Dd

i did try:

${e://Field/_recordId}
${e://Field/recordId}

Results are same.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Hi @yuva,

I think you're trying to add an Embedded Data field in the Survey Flow called 'ResponseID' and setting it as a type of Text Set. Is that correct? If so, you don't have to do anything in the Survey Flow to call default Embedded Data (ResponseID is default Embedded Data).

If you have that in the Survey Flow, delete it. Then send yourself an email trigger upon the completion of the survey with just '${e://Field/ResponseID}' in the body of the email (screenshot below). As you'll see, the email that is automatically sent will have the survey response id. Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂

Jason
!
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the prompt response. Actually, i am looking to add "response id" under vocalize dashboard as record grid.

Since, there is no option, i try adding as embedded data using ${e://Field/ResponseID} and is not working, any thought?
Here is the fix for vocalize by qualtrics support:

My colleagues have told me that ResponseIDs are now mappable as a separate embedded data field that can be mapped into Vocalize.

Here is screenshot of what the survey flow setup will look like. You will map in the second field recording ResponseID into Vocalize.

https://monosnap.com/file/47gJup8Hwv5MnwxD0HDHelaypF51kV

I have tried the above fix and my vocalize dashboard only displays NA in the response ID field that I embedded. Do you have any other suggestions of how to add response ID to the dashboard? It seems to be the only piece of Survey Metadata that is not available to add via dropdown.
Thank you!

Leave a Reply