Survey Dashboard - Map view? | XM Community
Solved

Survey Dashboard - Map view?

• 19 November 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi, I am looking to embed a map into some of our dashboards to understand teritorial feedback patterns.

If you look at each survey response there is a map with GEO location coordinates.

Is it possible to bring this into a dashboard? I have looked at the embedded data but can't seem to find the right option anywhere to display this successfully.
icon

Best answer by MsIreen 19 November 2018, 11:04

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
the map in the dashboard looks really weird. I wouldn't recommend using it unless all your feedback is coming from the US.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I did notice that there's only a US or ROW map option, but without being able to link the data up, I'm unable to understand if it would be beneficial or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
You can add an embedded data in the survey flow and set it to be, e.g. Country:
!
Then set it up as a Text set in the dashboard and use this field as the location dimension in the dashboard.
Userlevel 1
Badge
> @MsIreen said:
> You can add an embedded data in the survey flow and set it to be, e.g. Country:
> !
> Then set it up as a Text set in the dashboard and use this field as the location dimension in the dashboard.

Do you know if this would only show the countries themselves, as opposed to the location within the countries?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Please refer below

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/widgets/other-widgets/map-view-widget/

Coordinates cant be used in map widget, only standard country names and state names can be used.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
> @AdamBoston said:
> > @MsIreen said:
> > You can add an embedded data in the survey flow and set it to be, e.g. Country:
> > !
> > Then set it up as a Text set in the dashboard and use this field as the location dimension in the dashboard.
>
> Do you know if this would only show the countries themselves, as opposed to the location within the countries?

It will show something like this:
!
Has this feature evolved in the meantime?
I would really appreciate to see the geo locations of the survey responses in more detail.
I'd imagine sth. like this:!
Badge +3
Hi @bernd_b! Currently, the map widget in CX Dashboards still displays data only down to the country or US state level. This sounds like a great product idea though! If you have not yet already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@bernd_b I have submitted a feature request for at least removing Antarctica from the map view (no surveys for penguins 😃 ) This is the reply I have received: ". I think your suggestion would apply to all of our clients' work within the product. The platform has some great updates, but we will continue to make changes to improve the overall experience, so perhaps your suggestions may be included. I must say I completely agree, for non-US regions the map can be much improved." So I don't really think any updates are coming this way TBH
Badge

November 2021 and Antartica still visible. Its enormous size does not allow the rest of the word to be more detailed.

Leave a Reply