Errors with Multiple Shiny IATs in Qualtrics Survey | XM Community
Question

Errors with Multiple Shiny IATs in Qualtrics Survey

• 23 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
Hi everyone,

I am implementing multiple IATs into one Qualtrics survey. IATs are constructed with IATgen Shiny app: https://applibs.shinyapps.io/iatui2/
If I enter one IAT into Qualtrics, everything works out fine. However, if I enter multiple ones into one survey, which is required for my experiment, a variety of errors occur:
1. An irritating loading message occurs on the screen. The message however does not inhibit technical functioing of the test.
2. Automatic data analysis is disenabled, even if I split csv files after downloading the entire data.
3. Codes are sometimes not seperated in one column each, and sometimes C or X indicating correct and incorrect answers disappear.
Maybe there is some error in the interaction of Javascripts between the app and Qualtrics?
Anyone ever had that problem?

Thanks for your help!!! I really don't know what to do about it anymore.
If you need any more info, please let me know.
Kind regards,
Mel

6 replies

Hi Mel!
I'm currently having problem as well using an IAT constructed with IATgen ShinyApp. When I try to run the test this message appears "Your web browser encountered an issue running this portion of the study. You will be skipped ahead. You may have to click through this message several times". Is this the same problem that occurred to you? Have you find any solution by any chance?

Kind regards
Maite

Badge +1

Dear Maite,

I am not sure whether it is the same issue, but my advise would be:

1. use another web browser

2. clear cache and cookies in this new web browser

and then try again.
In my study I used various chained IAT's, like an IAT on issue A was followed by an IAT on issue B etc. When I seperated them it worked, but when they were chained - and I had to chain them - this message appeared.
I had contacted the developer but he did not know either. I tried a the test myself a couple of times: it worked, but always showed this message. Finally I just informed my participants before the test saying this message will appear - and please ignore it. That does not look very professional though and might create noise in the data.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone eventually figured out what was going on with this issue? I am currently implementing the IAT into Qualtrics and I am also getting the error message saying "Your web browser encountered an issue running this portion of the study. You will be skipped ahead. You may have to click through this message several times". 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

There's a post from around 3-4 months back where someone said that they've been able to manage to get IAT gen running properly.

Badge +1

Maite and me had the problem. To my knowledge it has not yet been solved. If it was, any link to a solution would be very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I had created this for tracking the response time on images (native qualtrics) and this one for stroop task (using labjs).
Perhaps you can extend them to create an IAT.
Send me a message if you'd like the QSFs.

Leave a Reply