Possible to load respondent data (eg, age group) AFTER the survey emails have gone out? | XM Community
Solved

Possible to load respondent data (eg, age group) AFTER the survey emails have gone out?

• 21 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +5
Is it possible to load respondent data (eg, work department, gender, age group) AFTER the survey emails have gone out?

I know that it is indeed possible to load additional fields e.g. department, gender, age group, that could then be reported on using the Qualtrics reporting tool. The basic info I found gives an example with 3 additional fields but I guess there could be considerably more (is there a limit?).

With this loading WITH the email addresses the additional data fields can then be reported against. For example you could have report by age group, department or whatever. I am not sure but I suspect you could report by any combo of 2 or more of these.
Key here is that this additional data needs to be uploaded with the emails ie. BEFORE the emails are sent out.

But is there also a means of uploading details that would allow for reporting of survey data in Qualtrics against data loaded AFTER the email shot. I mean, in effect, standard relational database cross-referencing.

There is an element here I guess of users being able to treat Qualtrics as something of a data warehouse ( if this is indeed possible) but for many reporting users the alternative would be too much a stretch. I guess if the answer here is “No. Sorry not possible” then the key is to ensure as much as possible that additional data is loaded with the respondent email upload.
icon

Best answer by NaomiS 28 November 2018, 13:40

View original

6 replies

Badge +5
We would like to analyse the questionnaire data by department of the respondent.
Any way of achieving this by uploading the key respondent data to Qualtrics? Would allow for cross-reference of the respondent data with the q data - a database join in effect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Just to clarify, you already have data in some format say excel and you want to upload this in Qualtrics for reporting. Is this what you are looking for?
Badge +5
To clarify ... (sorry about the delay here). Yes this is roughly what we are looking for. Since posing the question I did some research (google!) and have found that yes it is indeed possible to load additional fields e.g. department, gender, age group, that could then be reported on using the Qualtrics reporting tool. The basic info I found gives an example with 3 additional fields but I guess there could be considerably more (is there a limit).

Basically as I read it any additional data associated with each email address for the survey respondents can then be reported against - so you could have report by age group, department or whatever. I suspect you could report by any combo of 2 or more of these.

Key here is that this additional data will need to be uploaded with the emails ie. BEFORE the emails are sent out. I wonder too if there is a means of uploading details that would allow for reporting of survey data in Qualtrics against data loaded AFTER the email shot. I mean, in effect, standard relational database cross-referencing.

I'll ask this final "wonder" question as a separate q to ensure I haven't confused matters.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
There is a possibility I could think of. After the survey is finished, you can export the data and match it with the elements you missed before sending out the survey. The you can import the data together with the additional fields.
For an ongoing survey, i.e. if you are sending out several waves of invitations, you can add the missing information in the next contact list and include it as embedded data in the survey flow. For the interviews that have been finished before the list format has changed, this data can be added manually in the Data & Analysis tab (--> Edit).
Badge +5
Thanks Pat,
That sounds quite involved for any significant data volumes.
I suspect basic answer to my question is "No"!
And as I mentioned in the original post that means that the key is to have ALL relevant reporting attributes included with the email addresses.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Yes, I suppose Including all relevant reporting attributes with the email addresses would certainly be the most comfortable way.

Leave a Reply