Setting quotas for offline responses | XM Community

Setting quotas for offline responses

• 28 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
We are a healthcare company that is using the Qualtrics offline app to collect feedback from patients nationwide. We ask patients to take a survey on an Android tablet at the conclusion of their exam (Xray, MRI, CT, PET-CT).

Our issue is that we have a few sites that are very high volume, and we want to limit the number of responses we collect from those specific sites. Unfortunately, quotas are not supported by the offline app. When the responses are uploaded from the tablet, they are recorded and count against our response limit even if deleted.

We're looking for suggestions on how to limit the number of responses from these few high volume sites. We would prefer not to tell patients that we can't take their feedback, but we need to control the number of responses. We also want to avoid having our field personnel pick and choose who to give the survey to.

We would prefer a technology solution within the CE platform to meet this challenge, but we are open to other suggestions. For example, one idea is to survey patients every other day so that we are getting a representative sample without surveying every patient.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

CS

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I don't think you can- the only way to start counting on a quota jointly is to have it all talk to the central quota-counter... which I imagine can only be done online.

Have you considered a solution that doesn't even out in the collection, rather it evens out in the analysis phase? My organization has some higher-volume touch-points that could drown out the others if we allowed an un-weighted . Rather than make it so fewer surveys come from the touchpoint, we allow all customers/responses, but _report_ on the touchpoints in a weighted fashion.

What if instead you got feedback from every patient who wanted to give it- but you weighted the final results to reflect volume of the site? So the final dashboard which displays "overall patient satisfaction" us weighted to display 50% high volume sites, 50% low volume sites. Or whatever weighting system makes sense for your organization.
Badge +1
Thanks Kate. I have considered a solution that involves weighting the responses when doing the analysis, but we use the API to pull the data into our data mart to display on a dashboard. There isn't any way to weight the responses in the tool we use (QlikView).

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate the help.

Leave a Reply