Want answers with scores to remain the same once I export to spss what option do I choose in Export | XM Community
Solved

Want answers with scores to remain the same once I export to spss what option do I choose in Export

• 30 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi all,
Have watched numerous videos of Qualtrics and am getting v confused.
I have coded all my answers on the survey. so when people choose an option they're answers are marked. I am now about to export to SPSS. The difficulty I am having is the options available to me.

I get a choice of:
String Width: Medium - 2,000
Compress data as .zip file
Use commas for decimals
Recode seen but unanswered questions as-99
Recode seen but unanswered multi-value fields as0
Alternatively, download the following SPSS files:
SPSS Syntax FileCorresponding Data
DownloadClose
Fewer Options

and I don't know which one to choose. I literally want to be able to 15 people said more likely - from the likert scale.
any help would be gratefully appreciated.
icon

Best answer by TomG 30 November 2018, 14:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You'll get your data no matter which SPSS download options you choose. Just try downloading with the default selections. I think .zip is checked by default, so you'll have to unzip it before opening the file with SPSS.
gosh thanks will try this now.

Not a fan of SPSS -not confident with using it- and reverse scoring sounds horrible on all the videos. When I developed the Qualtrics Survey I did add scores and some of the questions were reverse scored so was hoping they would automatically transfer over.

I didn't know if they have automatically transferred into SpSS - do you happen to know if Qualtrics automatically transfers the correct scores despite the download process?

Regards,
Jo
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Don't select suboptions just export SPSS file it will contain all your variables. Sub options are like to punch blanks to -99 or SPSS syntax files.
Brill,

Just working on this nightmare data.

Thanks for the response.

A little confused as to whether the reverse coded answers automatically transfer into SPSS or whether I have to manually recode the reverse responses into SPSS.

Jo

Leave a Reply